Good Day

Today has been a good day in the Jansen household!

I will start from the beginning--breakfast in bed:) Granted it was McDonald's and I actually got out of bed to eat my delicious McGriddle, but nonetheless. I have an amazing husband who pampers me (even though I did jokingly ask about getting breakfast in bed last night ha!)--At least he listens to my not so subtle hints!

Douglas also made me a very happy girl by FINALLY agreeing to find out if Baby J is an ornery little boy or a sweet little girl. I have always wanted to know. I want to plan and have everything ready that I can---no surprises or secrets please! Doug on the other hand loves the idea of that final surprise the moment we meet our baby. It does sound amazing....but it is just not for me. I soooo knew he would let me get my way.....but he sure did take his time! He has been sticking to his guns about not finding out, but over breakfast this morning he told me we could! He also said that that meant that he got to name it and he wanted to shake on it.....but that did not happen!

After breakfast I was headed off to my 14 week doctors appointment. Nothing too special--just a regular check up. First step: the scale. I was worried---Christmas...New Years....this was not going to be good. BUT more good news! Only up 3 pounds! Phewwww!

Doc came in to listen to the baby's heartbeat. This is the BEST yet worst part of the appointment. I will start with the worst: The couple of seconds that it takes the doctor to find the heartbeat are the most stressful, heart-pounding, nerve-racking seconds ever. "Oh my gosh find it already." "Why can't she find it?" "FIND IT!".... And then the best sound in the world is there. It is beating and it is strong:) The most wonderful feeling of relief!

All was good with me and baby. We go back the first week of February and I cannot wait....boy or girl?? It is killing me!!

School was good, my dance team did a good job, I am home (which is good) and we are getting supper with some friends which I hope is yummy and good.

Told you it was a good day!!



Comments

  1. Glad you had a Great Day!!!! This Nana-to-be cant
    wait to find out boy or girl!! Most of all just
    want a healthy happy baby :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts