Home Is Where The Heart Is

Instead of doing a weekend update I am going to make this one a weekend preview.

School was great today--- I am worse than the kids in Fridays. Giddy and smiley. And when that 3:30 bell rings I cannot get out of those doors fast enough! We are still in our Anne Frank unit and today we discussed their final projects. The kids are surprisingly excited about doing the work. Their creativeness amazes me and I cannot wait to see what they come up with. I just wish I didn't have to grade them. That is my least favorite part of my job-- enjoying their work but then having to judge them and slap a grade on it. I really struggle with that....

Tonight the husband and I are on our way to Bloomington for his coworkers happy hour. Yay for being the DD haha.... But I would not change it for anything! Actually we will not be out too late because we are going home tomorrow morning and I am ready.

Sadly, my Uncle Jim passed away this week. He fought so hard and cancer can just suck it. But that is not what I want to write about. I want to write about what a great man he was. If you didn't know Uncle Jim, I can only describe him as a truck-driving, gun-slinging, races-loving, big teddy bear, protective uncle, father, and grandfather. Sounds awesome right?

I will never forget the time we were at his house for Christmas and he got the wild hair to go outside and dig up radishes and make us try them. The ground was frozen and they are the worst vegetable ever, but we all laughed! I will never forget sitting outside at DQ with my best friend and a huge semi pulling up close and laying on the horn. He was ornery haha.... I will never forget the first thing he ever said to my husband. Dora: "Dad this is Doug, Ashley's husband." Uncle Jim: "You better take care of her or I will have to kick your a$$." I said he was protective:)

He was probably most protective of his daddy's-girl daughter, Dora. My heart hurts so much for her and CP and everyone else touched by him. There is nothing I can write here to convey how I feel so that is why I want to get home. Just a simple hug and love ya is over due.

It will be hard, but he fought hard. We just have a very protective and loving angel looking out for us.

Have a safe weekend everyone. More to come next week!

Comments

Popular Posts