Weekend Update

This long weekend started off the way every weekend should... With my husband being home and beer can chicken being grilled!

I experienced beer can chicken for the first time this Christmas at Jill and Jeremy's. Because Doug is such a "grill master," he decided that we had to make this soon. Luckily, Austin got Doug a beer can chicken holder for Christmas--- now all we needed was the chicken and beer!

Side note: I of course have never bought a whole chicken before and had no idea what I was looking for..... I went with the cutest one:) we quickly had a bond....

Action Shot!
 
IT WAS SO GOOD! We had pasta salad and amazing, big, baked potatoes. This meal made me crave summer so bad!

We still have most of the chicken left.... I see some homemade chicken salad in my near future!

Saturday was our put-the-Christmas- stuff-away- and-clean-clean-clean day. We worked hard and got a lot done. I LOVE having our Christmas tree and decorations out and always think I am going to be sad taking it down. But once it is down and the house is clean I LOVE that feeling almost as much.


 All is back to normal:)

Saturday night we had a cute couple over. Doug works with Andy and his wife Katie is so nice. We went to a dive burger place, The Burger Barge, and it was tons of fun. Came back to our house to play cards and eat even more ha!


 For some reason my hair decided to go all pageantry that night. For going to a dumpy bar/restaurant, it sure was big!! What is the saying....the higher the hair, the closer to Jesus?!? 


I am still not sure if I have a true baby bump or if it is just me no longer "sucking in" ha! This picture doesn't really show that much either....will I ever look pregnant? People are probably thinking I made it all up!

 Sorry for the angle...

Sunday has been full of grading papers and helping Doug with the work bench (which is almost done!). I have tomorrow off of school and am planning on doing some laundry and reading. Sounds good to me!

Today has also been a day of thinking of loved ones and praying hard. It seems like so many people are sick or hurting or hurting for someone who is sick. I know that this is the devil's doing and I also know that what comes from it in the end is all God. It is just hard. So we will keep praying for comfort, calmness, peace and for God's will to be done. Love all of you.

Okay now I am crying....dumb pregnancy hormones!
 









Comments

  1. Just now had the opportunity to sit down and read your latest blog. Love keeping up with you and your life this way. Crying may be partly pregnancy hormones but also it is from a compassionate heart and that is all good. Saw a little bit more of your living room in your photo and am just about ready to give in to temptation and view your house photos but will hang on a while longer. Looking forward to your post this evening, it is TUESDAY! longer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts