Whirlwind Day

All I can say is--I am happy to be in my favorite penguin pajamas and on my couch with Wednesday. Do not get me wrong, today was not a bad day. Actually the opposite. Just what I call a whirlwind day. I felt like I needed to be in 4 bazillion places at once, answering 3 thousand questions, and chasing down one hundred kids....thankfully that is a tiny bit of an exaggeration!

Whirlwind aside, today was a good day---mostly for two reasons.

First of all, I am officially done with teacher observations for the year! Observations are sooo nerve racking. I know the kids are going to be on their best behavior, I know that I have worked hard on the lesson and am prepared, but they still kind of make me want to throw up (sorry..). Today was extra nerve racking because I decided to use Google Docs--a fancy name for a word document that all of my kids can type on at once--and my principal was pumped. Schools are allllll about teaching the 21st century student and using technology. So I decided to take a chance on my last observation of the year and try it. The kids where GREAT.....I did everything I needed to do......and Google Docs didn't work. That's right. The lesson failed. It was clear to all of us that our computer system was not prepared to have 28 students using it. But we improvised and my principal shrugged his shoulders. "Now we know," is all he said and thanked me for trying. So even though my lesson technically failed, I am happy:)

The second reason that today is a good day is because tomorrow is Friday!!

I LOVE weekends. I get to sleep in, I get to piddle around home, and most of all, I actually get to see my husband. Doug working 10:30 to 7 is NOT my favorite. I am usually ready for bed by the time he gets home so weekends are a chance for us to catch up. I am SUPER excited for this weekend because Doug will be home early tomorrow, we are going to have some friends over Saturday night, and besides that nothing is planned. (Well I have planned lots of cleaning and putting away Christmas decorations....but I think Doug wants to focus on the work bench...we will see who wins.)
I also do not have school Monday (YES!) and Doug also gets off early, so our weekend will seem extra long.

Well... some Law and Order is calling my name and I should grade a few papers. I hope tomorrow is less eventful and I already know it will be a good day:)



Wednesday must have had a whirlwind day too....

Comments

  1. Glad your observations are over!!!

    Looks like Winnie is resting up from his hard day in his favorite place :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts