Doug's Hardwork Pays Off

I am so happy with the projects that got started/done this weekend and I need to give all of my thanks to Doug. He didn't complain about my bossing (well not that much anyway) and is proud of his hard work! Too bad this is just the beginning of our never-ending list!
 

First on the list was filling this eye-sore. Our microwave has been dying for a while and finally bit the bullet a couple of weeks ago. So we have been living with this hole. Lovely. We brought up an old college microwave which somehow ended up being put in the office......for about a week we walked back to the office to heat anything. Looking back--not the smartest thing to do!




This lovely (and may I say CLEAN) microwave was delivered Saturday morning. Our kitchen is complete! 
 Saturday was paint day! Doug did all of it for his little girl and I hope she likes it! I got kicked out of the room and had to wait to see the finished product....it was worth it!

 The room started out with a Winnie the Pooh border and A LOT of green....not the greatest green either.





I am always nervous about what the paint is actually going to look on the wall. It couldn't go on the walls fast enough!













Pink, green, and white are NOT a beautiful combination. I think Doug was a little nervous at first ha!



Thank you so much Doug! I am so glad that you are embracing the pink that is about to be your life!!




I even got a smile:) 











We could not be happier with the finished color......we are also NOT used to it at all. Every time I walk past her room I have to sneak a peak. I thought I would give you all a sneak peak too! Doug is also going to put up crown molding which will be the perfect finishing touch.

Here it is....

 Just a peak will have to do for now! More to come I promise.

Because he did such a great job working Saturday, I had to do my part and help him today. (I don't think I was as much help to him as he was to me the day before....but we will call it even!) Remember that manly workbench project he started earlier this year? It is done!

Now I might not know much about manly-things, but I know a good looking workbench when I see it!




He also painted the peg boards and we started hanging his tools. Yes it looks like there is room for more....but do not tell him that.




He said now I will be able to put back all of his tools for him....ha. It better always look like this Douglas!





I definitely think this is a weekend to be proud of! Let the projects continue!

Comments

  1. Love the PINK!!!!! Everything is looking great, your house is really nice, and Doug has done alot of improvements that you both should be proud of!! Can't wait to help decorate the rest of her room.
    Wonder what Winnie is going to think of the Crib???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a difference some paint and hard work can make. Congratulations Doug on a job well done! Love the pink. Great job on the work bench and all you have accomplished there. Can't wait to see the crib and dresser in there. Also love what I can see of the kitchen. Glad you got the new microwave, can't do without one of them. Look forward to seeing what you have to say tomorrow for week 21!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts