Oh What A Week!

This has for sure been a GREAT week at this Jansen household. Concert, baby girl, and more baby girl! Way back on Wednesday (which seems like years ago), a dream of mine came true. The band Matchbox 20 has always been a favorite. They were the first CD I ever listened to and have been on Doug and I's "If they ever come to town we will go no matter what" list. We went with Phil and Tari and had the best time--always do with them.





Hubby and I. I somehow seem to like him even more lately. He is going to be such an awesome Daddy:)












And yes, just in case you were wondering, the concert ROCKED and Rob Thomas can SING! So glad we got to see them!








We all know what Thursday was.....the most wonderful day yet. We are still so giddy and smiley about our lovely news. I am more in love with her already than I thought I ever could be. After the doctors office, Doug and I decided that we HAD to shop. Only one outfit was bought (and it was even on sale), but it definitely has started a never-ending desire to buy everything cute. Ev-er-y-thing. I will try to hold back!

This was our one purchase. Our Valentine has to have a cute outfit to wear next year!! You can't see it, but even the little buttons on the pants are hearts....sigh.....this girl stuff is fun!

Mom came up to visit this weekend so it has of course been filled with shopping and looking. On Saturday, my Dance Team had their first competition of the year. We received a 1st for our Kick Line and I am so proud of them. We have come along way this year!

Twenty 6th, 7th, and 8th graders.....never a dull moment!

Shopping was overwhelming but also a success. There are just so many options of everything and they are ALL expensive. I think we have settled on a crib, dresser, and high chair. Strollers are a whole other story. We only "test-drove/raced" about a million.....but I feel like we are getting there. 

Our success came in the planning of her room. I already kind of knew my color pallet (it has changed a bit), but now I think we have decided! I found a crib set at Baby's 'r' Us that I quickly fell in love with and so did Doug---and when Doug likes something I JUMP on whatever it is hehe. Mom and I also shopped around for fabric so that Gma could make all of the bedding, but nothing came even close and buying all the fabric would have been way more expensive.

So Mom bought the bumpers that we fell in love with. We now can base everything off that. Don't worry Gma, your list still includes sheets, window treatment, dust ruffle, and pillows. You really don't have much time!!!






Here is a picture of the bumpers in the store. The other side are a darker mauve that I am kind of loving! Yes---these are veryyyy girly!









Baby Girl will also love this soft little blanky. Here you can see the mauve color better. A lighter version of this is going to be the paint color.

Now I just have to get Doug into the painting mood!









Now this weekend is almost over---suppers in the oven and the Illini are on television. I will probably spend the night curled up next to Douglas researching everything baby while he (hopefully) watches his team win. Hope everyone's week is great! Have fun!



 Wednesday's reaction to getting a baby sister....he is already hiding from her!

Comments

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend. What a darling little outfit. Congratulations to you and your dance team. Looks like a lot a cute, energetic girls, I can't get used to them being younger, always expect to see high school age. Looking forward to the sewing, I agree time is of the essence so waiting to get my instructions. Just am now seeing on TV that Illinois won today, so Doug must be really happy. I agree he will be an awesome girl daddy. Of course you will be an awesome mommy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts