Valentines Day

I love Valentines Day. Not that it is my favorite holiday or even close, but I do like the extra "I love yous" and of course the extra chocolate:) Doug always complains that buying Vday gifts for women (a.k.a I guess me) is so hard---but every year he does an amazing job. Ask me to be your valentine, write me something sweet, and let me eat all of your candy and I am yours!! This year he did not disappoint!

I honestly think buying your man stuff for Valentines Day is much harder than buying for us ladies. Luckily, I started a tradition six years ago that seems to work just fine. VALENTINES DAY CHEESECAKE!! (Maybe this is why I secretly love Vday) Cheesecakes are tricky little beasts but after trying this sixth one, I really do think I have a handle on it. This year's cake is a keeper!
So here is the ooey gooey inside. A layer of chocolate gauche, a layer of caramel, and a layer of.....wait for it......COOKIE DOUGH!! I could have stopped right there. 
Nope. I think I will add creamy cheesecake and more chocolate!

 Here is the finished product. If my husband is smart he will keep me around forever hehe....with this bad boy I have him in the palm of my hands!


 These beautiful tulips from Doug were waiting for me this morning. I love that I will be able to plant them soon---well in my head soon. I am so ready for spring! I was happy with just this, but when I got home tonight I received some of my favorite bath and body lip gloss and some relaxing lotion and bubble bath. I love a little pampering! Doug also got his "other" valentine a gift. Baby girl got her first pink stuffed animal tonight. I guess it is technically mine right now, but I will not mind sharing when the time comes! I asked Doug if he was going to be tired of pink soon and he said never:) She is going to love him!

We made supper tonight and have been busy with a hair cut, laundry, and packing. Supper was A-MAZ-ING. I have never had ribs. Never. Well folks my life has been changed. Doug cooked them in the crock pot for eleven hours and they just fell off the bone. I whipped up some "wedding potatoes" and we had a feast. I of course ate too much, but do not worry, I will still be eating my share of cheesecake later tonight!

Happy Valentines Day!




Comments

  1. Sounds like a good Valentine Day.That food all looks delicious. The cheesecake is out of this world. Pink will probably become Doug's favorite color. He is such a good husband and will be a wonderful daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Doug to send me the recipe for those ribs... and the leftover cheesecake. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts