Relief

I am breathing a bit easier today. Not that I was really too stressed---although, when I do start thinking about all of our to-dos, what-ifs, and oh the little fact that there is a baby girl inside of me, I do start panicking.....      Wait---focus Ashley! Back to the reasons I am relieved today:

1. We have found a babysitter! You have no idea what a huge relief this is. I honestly thought that we were going to really struggle in this department. First of all, we know no one here....off to a great start right? And any daycare place I found online either has a waiting list years long (small exaggeration) or costs $300-$400 a WEEK (NO exaggeration). If I am being fair, most of the places I found fall into both categories. Ridiculous. I mean do not get me wrong, I want the absolute best for my little girl, but really, $400 a week? She is going to eat, sleep, and you know what. I do not care about all of your bells and whistles and schedules and field trips right now. I want someone who is a true mother at heart who will see that my baby girl is happy, healthy, and loved. When she gets a bit older I will worry more about all of that other stuff! Sorry, Mommy-rant over.

I started asking fellow teachers who I know I have kids where they go, and I got a variety of answers and two phone numbers. After talking, meeting, investigating, and talking again, Doug and I are both really happy with our find! She seems so passionate, real, and skilled. We are officially on her "waiting" list (we are actually the only ones on her list) and it will become more official closer to summer. She is only 10 minutes from my school and I have heard nothing but great things about her. I am still panicky about the whole spending the day away from my baby, but I feel better. Relieved.

On to part two:

2. I heard baby girls heart loud and clear earlier today and everything seems to be moving right along! The doctor was called out to an emergency right when I got there, but my favorite nurse let me listen and we talked about a few things. I am going to go back in two weeks to see the doctor just to make sure everything is okay. Favorite Nurse told me to go ahead and register for some classes at the hospital. This kind of freaks me out. A Lamaze Class makes everything seem very real and very soon. (So do the kicks to my right side but that is besides the point!) She asked what my husband and I need to know.....my response was a wide-eyed "EVERYTHING!" I have given one bottle in my life and never changed a diaper----I have a ways to go. But luckily I have been blessed with Doug and he has way better baby skills then I do. That's one of the reasons I fell in love with him. See a man adore all of his nieces and nephews---swoon! I have just been praying that God gives us guidance, reassurance, and straight up help. I hope "motherly instincts" are a real thing and that I am blessed with them from the start!

So these are my reasons for feeling relieved. I am going to bask in it for the rest of the evening and start worrying about the next step tomorrow.

As I am writing this, Wednesday also looks very relieved. Oh he leads a rough life.....what cat really sleeps like this????



Comments

  1. Glad you are relieved. Sorry you are so stressed out guess that goes along with the territory. God says don't worry about the future, I am already there. I was in the same boat as you are. I knew nothing about taking care of a baby and I was only 19 years old, but believe me God will supply your every need. Glad the sitter is so close to the school and that you have good recommendations. Glad you at least got to hear her heartbeat! Guess you didn't find about any weight gain maybe you didn't want to hear that, ha. Continue taking good care of yourself and BJ. Casting all your cares upon Him for He careth for you IPeter 5:7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who does have a CAT that sleeps like THAT???????

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts