Take That To-Do List

I LOVE making lists and checking things off of lists. I will put "make a list" on a list. I got this from my Mom. Doug and I have pages of to-do lists right now and we finally marked a couple of things off this weekend. Not very many--but I am happy with the progress.

When we moved into our house we just put stuff everywhere. One little thing in this closet here....two other little things in that closet there. We ultimately had more space then we knew what to do with. That my friends is slowly changing. Baby girl  equals more stuff and that equals actually having to organize and clean. Yay!

We badly needed to re-organize the kitchen. We had stuff in every cabinet but none were full or used to their full potential. I also have been feeling the need to SCRUB the kitchen. Do not get me wrong, I love my white cabinets, but once I got up close and personal with them and saw the dust (and I do not even want to know what else) I should have stopped there. I had no idea what I was getting into cleaning out every cabinet  and scrubbing them down. It was an all day process but I am so happy it is done. We even have a cabinet set aside just for her ha! Now I just need it to stay clean for about four more months....


She has an Illini sippy cup.....what more does she need??

Sunday has been more cleaning and organizing.  With Doug being home today we have totally kicked butt! We still have a long, long, long ways to go----but spring break is just around the corner and we hope to mark a lot of items off then!

We also ventured out to our new Target. For some reason I have been pumped about its opening--probably because the other one in Peoria is forever away and old. This one is pretty fancy and I plan on frequenting it often (Don't tell Doug).

As of yesterday, Baby Girl was going to have to be naked for about 6 months because it seems that all the cute outfits we have been accumulating are for 6 months or older. Poor newborn girl! I am really just kidding and I know that she will have more than she needs, but Doug and I broke down and bought her first newborn outfit today!

Will she really be this small?? I am so in love.

I thought I would save the BEST news for last. Do you remember the great Diaper Bag Debate in this Jansen house? Well it was nicely and quietly settled. I stopped begging (well at least stopped mentioning it daily) and one day a nice teacher I work with gave my a 40% off coupon to a local store with Vera. (She was clearly on team Ashley!) One evening I got up the courage to mention this coupon to Doug and in the same conversation he told me he had decided I could get my bag--on the condition that my Mom also get him a bag haha! 

I am proud to announce that we are the new owners of a fabulous diaper bag. I love it so so much and can't wait to use it! Thank you Mom for this great gift!!

I guess I better thank my hubby too:)

Comments

  1. I too have this real NEED to buy something newborn!!! I think it will have to be pink and SMOCKED :) The decision has been made...we have to have the newborn Petite Ami smocked dress. Maybe more than one!!!! Must get it ordered. Love the Vera!! (Im sure Doug loves it too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are getting so much accomplished on the house. Love the little outfit it is darling. Glad you got the diaper bag you wanted. Looking forward to seeing you and going shopping this weekend. Hope we can find exactly the material you are looking for and get started on the crib skirt etc. Hang in there Doug, it will be worth it all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts