The Best Kind of Mail

Some very large packages were on our porch when I got home on Wednesday and I could not wait until the hubby got home so we could "peek" inside. They had been sitting in the snow so the boxes were a bit damp. I didn't want them to sit like that over night, so I asked if we could open them up and take things out. Douglas only heard "LET'S ASSEMBLE!" I guess you would call that more then a peek.....





The crib took NO time at all--four big pieces, only one mistake on our part---and BOOM...Crib! I could not love it any more. I really love the color of the wood with the pink and can't wait to add in her bedding. It just seems so big....I mean she is only the size of a banana right now.....


No project in our house would be complete without a little comic relief from Wednesday. He has to be where ever we are at all times and into whatever we are doing. I am worried that this crib is going to be his new favorite place..... 
 
We walked out of her room and noticed the packaging from the box was move.....if you look closely you will see why.....

Does he really think we can't see him???
Eventually he was completely kicked out of the room (Winnie and small nails do not mix) and we later found that he had made himself right at home in the hall. He is such a quirky cat and I am curious to see what he thinks about a baby girl! I guess we will see!



Looking back, we should have stopped after the crib. But no---we were up for the challenge. At 10 p.m., we opened the two dresser boxes. Mistake. I was too overwhelmed to count all of the pieces, but the picture of the screws, nails, weird wooden stick things, and whatever else was in the bag should explain this project.


 Looks like fun, right?


Doug stayed chipper while this pregnant lady went down hill fast. We finally called it quits at midnight with five drawers made and a ways to go.

I NOW know that I need a certain amount of sleep. I was so grouchy, achy, and pouty the next day. Add a killer headache later in the day and call me down for the count. I left school at about 5 p.m. and was asleep in bed by 6. The hubby thought I should eat, so I got up at 8 and was back to bed by 9. 11 sleepy hours later and I felt AWESOME this morning. Note to self---"We" need our beauty sleep!

When Doug got into bed at midnight, he whispered that there was a finished dresser in her room so of course I had to get out of bed and look. Sure enough---a finished product and I love it too!! I was so glad Doug finished it---I think I will keep him around.


Now we just need to figure out where we want everything, but I think her room is coming together quite nicely!! Now if only I could say the same thing for the naming process.......one thing at a time I guess!







Comments

  1. Couldn't wait to get home this evening to get on your blog, had a feeling we might see the contents of the boxes. Could not be any better. Just love them both, I am glad you two love them as much as you thought you would. Bless Doug for staying up and finishing the dresser. He certainly is a keeper, and he is already making sacrifices for his baby girl, and of course I am sure he wanted to please and surprise you too. Glad you were feeling awesome when you got up. You are right it does require much more sleep and rest than normal. Her room is going to be fit for the precious little girl she already is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts