The Good and Bad of My Weekend

This past weekend, Doug and I went our separate ways again. My brother wanted to know if something was going on between Doug and I and I just had to laugh---it is weird that we have done separate things two weekends in a row. I have a had a blast and so has he, but I do not think this is going to be our new thing. I like it better when he is around! Anyway, Saturday morning bright and early Kaci and I headed south for Kendra's Bachelorette  Day and Bridal Shower. First stop was a cute little pottery place. We picked out our ceramics and started painting---everything turned out super cute and it was so much fun to sit and catch up.


I picked out an Owl bank for Baby J's room. Owls were kind of the theme for all of us (well except Sharon).



Here she is! I do not actually have the final product---it still has to get fired. I think she turned out super cute though.
Best Friend and best friend owls.

We look pretty crafty!!

Sunday was Kendra's Bridal Shower. I love doing anything with these girls so I of course had a great time. We are getting this shower thing down by now---four showers down and two more weddings to go! Kendra's mom mentioned moving on to Baby Showers----guess I am starting that trend for us!

Ready to celebrate Shar and Kendra's big days!

That was the good part of my weekend. I left right after the shower thinking the snow was on its way.....I was too late:(

The roads were BAD. Period. I should have turned around but I just kept thinking they would get better. 10 miles an hour and four hours later, I was only at Champaign. The stubborn side of me wanted to keep going, but the pregnant, tired, and listening side decided to stop for the night. Luckily, Kaci and Jason live in Champaign---Kaci was not with me, so just Jason had a house guest! It is good to have friends all over! I took a half day off of school and arrived three hours later this morning.
Seven hours of driving and it should have been three. It has never felt so good to be home!


I wanted to document my lovely drive at the end of March. Don't worry, I took these pictures during one of my many stops.




I saw ONE salt truck...and it was in the ditch. Bad sign??


Lots and lots of cars and semis on the side of the road. They also seemed to come in pairs.....


I feel very lucky to be home safe and sound. I know I had many people praying for me and that's probably the only reason I too did not end up in the ditch!

Comments

  1. I was so thankful when I heard that you were at Jason and Kaci's house finally. Praising God. Now when I see these pictures I am really praising God for all He done for you in getting you and BJ safely all the way home. I knew that earlier in the evening TV said Champaign had 8.8" of snow. Glad Jason was home nice to have good friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts