Spring Break Happenings

We have been busy, busy, busy over here at the Jansen household and I couldn't be happier. We have marked a few big items off the list (and have marked a few things off that were not even on the list too!) Let's think back to Wednesday and Thursday.....





My In-Laws (aka Sammy and Susie) came to visit Wednesday and we of course put them to work. No, you cannot visit right now without us putting you to work!

First of the list? Baby girls room! Needed to touch up paint and put up crown moulding.







Here are a few before pictures. Still LOVING the color.



Of course Menards did not have exactly what I wanted. I am picky and proud to say it. We ended up buying moulding that wasn't finished yet and painted it ourselves.



I was not allowed in on any of the painting/moulding project.....instead I took pictures and cleaned the office (which needed it so so bad!)





I also had plenty of time to make Cream Cheese Monkey Bread. We pretty much devoured it later on that night....So. Good.



They finally unveiled the finished product to me on Thursday and I couldn't be happier. This just gets me more excited to decorate and finish her room. I have three months to get this done....... 


While waiting to see her room I typed up a HUGE want/need/to-do list for her room. I have so many ideas.....poor poor bank account.......


I have been pretty darn excited about Friday. Doug and I planned a full day of car shopping, baby registry, and sun. Nothing is better then a sunny Friday in my book.

Left bright and early for town. Love him!






This lovely green "booger" is (or shall I say was) Doug's means of transportation. He got this car when he turned 16 and it has had a great run. We went to town to SHOP today. Not buy. Oops....

My man didn't seem to upset to leave the Ol' Cavalier....I had a harder time seeing it go. Blame it on the pregnancy hormones?





This mean looking car caught his eye pretty quickly. After much thought and almost walking away, Hubby has a new car. I could not be happier for him ( or us)! He deserves a great big boy car and this is it.

(I also like the idea of baby girl in this....not so much the Cavi......)







Coming from no power locks, crank windows, and no cruise control this sure looks like a lot of bells and whistles!


Look at that smile. Out with the old and in with the new:)








Comments

  1. How many times have I heard that- we are going to go LOOK at cars. If you look you buy take it from the voice of expereience. But he does deserve it and it looks beautiful.Looks like more room for BJ. Glad you are checking off your list. So nice Sue and Sam could come up and help. I was going to go over yesterday to Evelyns to see if I could master her sewing machine but was out to your Dad's all day and Evelyn isn't home today, but I'm getting really excited to get started. BJ's room is looking beautiful. Remember the little table and chairs I had made for you at Lustigs cabinet shop in Effingham, they are solid oak. If you want them for her room your Dad could restain what needs to be done and they would match the rocking chair. Let me know. Congrats on the new car and all you are getting accomplished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts