Introducing Miss Emery Kayt

This blog has been a little quiet lately and for the most wonderful reason. At 41 weeks and on Doug and I's second wedding anniversary, we met our daughter. Emery Kayt Jansen--a beautiful 7lb 8oz healthy baby girl! The past five days have gone in the blink of an eye, but these are the days I hope I remember the most. All the new faces she makes, new sounds, her smell, her eyes, her wiggles. Every day Doug and I have learned something new about this thing called parenthood. He has been a perfect team mate and my rock.  I love my family of three!

Because time is flying and she is changing everyday (AND because she is stinking cute) I thought I would share some photos of our journey so far. Here is what we have been up to....

Doug and I packed our bags.
We were full of different emotions...excited, nervous, anxious, blessed.
We met Emery Kayt. Our Daughter.
Emery wrapped Daddy around her little finger....
and stole Mommy's heart.




We got dressed with the help of Dad
and made our way home.
We were surprised at home by Nana, Grandpa, Great-Gpa and GiGi (Great-Gma)

Daddy drove extra careful while Mom was nervous the whole time.
But we made it safe and sound. Home sweet home.



We tried out the crib....it is a little big.
Daddy gave me a bath--I love having my hair washed:)
We have gotten settled in and we are very happy.
We even wrapped today up with a little walk.

As I am writing this, my husband is snoozing on one side of me and Emery is swinging in her swing on the other. The house is quiet and we are home alone for the first time. Our house has been a little busy--She has met some friends and some family and we are feeling very blessed. Nana has also been here helping out and we do not know what we would have done without her. Magically all meals have been made, laundry has been done, the house has stayed clean, and the perfect help has been given. I was very sad to see her go but on the other hand excited to be here with my two loves. (And I know she will be visiting soon--she will not be able to stay away haha!!)

I have waited 41 long weeks (and have weekly chalkboards to prove it) but I am officially a Mom and could not be happier. It is a crazy amazing miracle and I want to document as much of it as I can because it is already flying by.

Welcome to the world Emery Kayt---so many people love you already!


Comments

  1. 41 weeks of waiting...maybe not so patiently... but worth all the wait. She is perfect, so beautiful and very loved. The last two weeks have been so memorable, I have loved every minute spending it with you,Doug and then Emery. Nana loves this little girl so much and will be back soon. So Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the blogs during this past 41 weeks. Have enjoyed them so much and now we have the icing on the cake with the presentation of little miss Emery. Thank God that He brought you and her(and Doug)through everything safe and healthy. We are truly blessed. You truly do have a life partner to be proud of. Thank you Doug for being all you are for our granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts