Long Time-No blog

I must apologize. We accidentally took a blog hiatus...but with a 6 week old, going back to work, and just regular old life, we have been a little busy! Very busy....but very happy (even happy about the school part...).

Emery is growing and changing everyday. Sweet Pea was 6 weeks old on Tuesday. So long newborn diapers and a few of my favorite outfits, hello big blue eyes and smiles. She is starting to get such a cute little personality. She will smile so big and try to talk back to you. She also never ever stops wiggling and squirming (oh-and grunting....she makes the funniest noises).

We still aren't sure who she looks like, but there is no question she has her Daddy's eyes.
Who do you think she looks like??
 

I officially went back to school and made it through my first four days. Of course I would have liked a much longer stay at home with Em, but I must admit I enjoyed getting back to what I love to do. The kids were very welcoming and I do think it will be a great year. A very (very) busy year with lots of learning and changes, but still a great year. Right now these kiddos seem so young to me...it will be amazing to see how much these 8th graders change by the end of the year. 

Going back to work equals Emery going to the babysitters for the first time. Tear. We decided to ease into this whole babysitter thing (for my sake not hers), so Grandma watched Emery one day and Nana watched her two days. That made it sooo much easier on me and I definitely didn't hear these to grandmas complaining ha!

Friday Emery went to the babysitters. Friday was hard. The picture above is us walking out the door....clearly she was not too upset about being away from me all day. I should have taken a picture of me crying. Because I did. I just hate the fact that I have to be away from her for what seems like the entire day. I wonder if she wonders where I am. Probably not...ha! Our babysitter is amazing and Emery was an angel she said. A little boy asked when that "little thing" was going to play dinos with him. (In about 9 months kid). And two of the younger kiddos took to calling her Baby Emmy which I am sure will stick. I loved that the babysitter texted me throughout the day....and I only called twice:)
I ran out the door at 3:30 and couldn't get my hands on her quick enough. We have definitely gotten in some Mommy-Emery time this weekend.

  
This weekend we did a little Illini tailgating, another first for Emery. Ok--so Emery and I were only there for about 10 minutes and pretty much went just to show off our orange and blue--but it counts right? It was wayyyy too hot for us, so we made an appearance, visited Aunt Kaci, and walked around the mall. Emery had quite the time at the mall....she decided to be starving, super sweaty, and mad all at the same time. Definition of a hot-mess. After fixing the starving and mad part, I put her in a cute onsie that buttons down and just left it unbuttoned to cool her off. So pretty much it looked like she was wearing a pink vest with lemons on it--cute. We spent the rest of the day like this too. I wish I would have taken a picture of her.....definitely winning the new- mom-of-the-year award after that one. Oh well....we only had one hot-sweaty breakdown, so I would call the day a success.

Tailgating, visiting, and "shopping" must have worn Emery out because she slept from 10 until 7. Hooray sleep....Oh how I have missed you:)

Today has been full of laundry, cuddles, and grading papers (man...I really am back in school). No school tomorrow and Doug has promised me a hot date for my birthday. No Em. Sounds like a good way to end the long weekend.

Ohhhhh how I love these two.

Oh---and I promise to try and be a better blogger.


Comments

  1. Does seem like a long time since we have had a blog, but very understandable. You have kept us well informed with the posts and pictures which we love, just need more of them. So glad all is going well and she had a good day at the babysitter. Harder on you than it was her I am sure, but that is sign of a good mommy. Look forward to more blogs and the pics of precious Emery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a busy week and I loved it too!! Couldn't be a happier Nana than when babysitting. I only need a THREE hour notice and I will be there :) Looking forward to the blog posts and pictures. She is so precious, love those smiles. Oh, and hope you had a Happy Birthday<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts