Two Month Check-Up

This little missy had a rough day. A two-month-check-up-and-three-shots kind of rough day. Thankfully she is taking a big deserved nap....hopefully this yucky feeling doesn't last too long!

Doug had the day off and took her (I am glad I missed the shots) and he said she actually took the shots like a champ. Of course there were some very angry cries, but he was able to calm her down fairly quickly. By the looks of the spit up on his shirt, a tired hubby, and a messy house, I don't think the rest of the day went so easily haha!

I thought I had better do a recap of her two month stats--Man my girl is growing!

Birth Stats: 7lbs 8oz              Two Month Stats: 11lbs 9oz
                     19 in. long                                        23 in. long

Em loves to eat and this is definitely starting to show! She is average in her height and weight but her head circumference on the other hand.... that is far from average! Her cute "not so little" head is at the 100% percentile. This is news to me. I had no idea she had a big head. When I told my Mom her stats today, I expressed my surprise...

Me: "Mom, does she really have a big head?"
Mom: "Yes. Yes she does."
Me: "Oh.."

I love that big head:)

I thought I would also share a picture of her long flowing locks. The girl definitely didn't get my blonde curls. Right now her hair is reddish brown and straight as a stick. We are still rocking the mullet/rat-tail look. Precious. 

One thing from the doctor's appointment that is worrying me a little is that they heard a heart murmur. When Doug texted me that I freaked, but he assured me that the Doc said not to worry and to just go get it checked out. We go next Friday and I pray that it is just a baby thing. Other than that she is a healthy healthy girl

I hope she keeps napping and sleeps good tonight. We have visitors coming tomorrow so we need to be a sweet little girl! 

Comments

  1. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Hate to think about you getting the shots, but so thankful for them to keep you healthy. You are growing so much it will be a real surprise to see you and see how you have grown since we last saw you in August. Hope you and mommy and daddy have a good night sleep and rest. Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this precious little girl!! Her hair is beautiful even without
    the curls ( they are yet to come!!) She is growing so fast and changing so much, I can hardly keep up. I am thankful that the Doctors are being cautious and checking things out. Hope she feels better soon. Nana loves you:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts