A Weekend Away

Last weekend was our first official family "vacation". It might have only been for one night--and it might have only been to Champaign--but I am counting it!


Friday night was Emery's second Illini game (taking after Daddy already!) I just love my little cheerleader!
 Clearly the game has started and she doesn't have time to pose for a family picture:) 
She was so good at the game. Cheered them on, freaked out when anyone clapped, drooled, took a nap, and cheered some more!
This is the face of a baby who slept in until 9:00AM on a Saturday. Bless her little heart. After having the greatest night sleep in oh about four months, we hit the shops of Champaign to do a little shopping. 
After an ENTIRE day of shopping we bought one item. An umbrella stroller was not even on the list. Emery clearly thought the day was a success though.....me not so much. Emery and Doug were both shopping champs so we treated ourselves to delicious bbq from The Black Dog and headed home.
Sunday was full of unpacking (the only downside to a vacation), cleaning, and putting up a little Christmas cheer. I already loved the holiday season, but with Emery I am loving it even more. I know she is only 4 months and has no idea why there is a tree in our house, but she loves the lights and I love imagining all of the holidays with her that are to come.
Emery's room even has a little Christmas touch. I used pearls, feathers, and light pink bulbs to match her room. Gigi just needs to make her a stocking and tree skirt and we will be all set!
Next year this tree might be a nightmare, but I am loving it right now!
How big does Emery think she is in this picture haha. Monday was her 4 month doctor's appointment and again she passed with flying colors! As you can see in her pictures, this girl is ALWAYS smiling. I can honestly say she would smile at a blank wall---because she has. You should have seen her flirting with the doctor. She seriously needs to stop growing....

Miss E weighs in at 13lbs 10oz and is 24.75in. long. Her head circumference is back on the charts--so I guess we are growing into it! No more heart murmur either! She did so good during her shots and took a huge nap when we got home.

 
The doctor gave us the go ahead on starting veggies and we picked sweet potatoes for our first. Doug and I are going to try our hand at making our own baby food--so far so good. At least this little girl thought it was pretty yummy!
 
I was serious about the smiling....she smiled with every bite. I love my happy (full) baby!

One day of work this week for this momma and five days straight with the family. I am SO thankful for that:) 



































Comments

  1. So glad for the blog! Such adorable pictures love the cheerleading outfit. She looks adorable. I agree she is one smiley, happy girl. Of course why wouldn't she be she has so much love surrounding her. A mommy and daddy showering her with so much love and attention. She is very blessed. Thank you God for Emery!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts