Five Months


I know I am winning worst blogger of the year award--but we have just been busy with life I guess. I won't make any excuses. I honestly feel like I missed out on a week of Emery time because of it and I just keep telling myself "Get to Friday.....". Christmas Break is always a relief and a time of rest, relaxation, family, and fun (and I will throw food in there while I am at it). But this break takes on a whole new meaning with a big emphasis on slowing down and enjoying our time together as three. I love being three.

 And with that all being said---I need to wish a little girl a Happy Five Months!!
Emery Kayt, what have you been up to lately??



That grin.....


Sidenote: GiGi made all of the outfits in the following pictures. That makes them extra special:)
 We are still squeezing into some of our favorite three month clothes but have mostly moved on to six month stuff and our cute Christmas gear. I just love dressing her up---and I think Doug has finally accepted that Em has to have a bow for every outfit haha. I smile every time he gets her ready and I hear him tell her that she looks pretty today. It melts my heart. There is nothing like the bond between a daddy and daughter and I am already seeing proof of that.

Em is now the queen of veggies! So far we have tried sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, and squash--sweet potatos being the clear favorite. The fact that she knows exactly what her bottle or spoon is amazes me---she sees them and opens wide haha. Watching her grow and develop just kinda blows my mind sometimes!


We still are a big failure when it comes to rolling over. She hates it. Gives up, lays there and rubs her face in drool. Cute. We are, however, getting much better at sitting up and I think we will be doing this on our own sooner rather than later.


Emery has also gotten very chatty. She squeaks and yells and sings and is saying something that sounds a lot like "da da" ( that's "Dad" in Doug-terms). She smiles more at Doug too---I guess right now he is winning the favorite parent battle---but who is keeping score right? I plan on taking back first place during Christmas break;)


Emery Kayt you are such a good baby and could not be more fun. You have such a bubbly personality and I hope you keep it forever. Last Christmas we announced to our families that we were pregnant and I thought nothing could top that moment. You top it everyday with your big grin and cuddles. You are such a blessing to us and we love you more everyday!

Happy Five Months!






















Comments

  1. So glad to get your blog. I know you are so busy and appreciate the time you take to keep the blog going. Love to keep up on Emery Kayt and see how she is growing and see that beautiful happy smile. Glad that she likes Santa. I know that her and daddy have a special bond already. I can see that for sure. He certainly is special in taking care of her every need same as you are. How it has changed since you and Doug announced last Christmas that you were expecting. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the picture of her with the 5 month sign. What a Smile,just love it!!! Last Christmas was the most special ever...but nothing compared to this Christmas. I just can't wait. Love spending time with Emery, she does have the sweetest personality. Emery, Nana couldn't love you more <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts