Making Memories

I have always been fond of Friday mornings. I don't seem to hit the snooze button as many times, I seem to always have a good hair day on Fridays and as a teacher it is the one day I get to wear jeans. Lovely. This past Friday was no exception--actually I had been looking forward to this Friday more than others.....Doug was going to be "home". Just me, Doug and Em and no plans to tie us down:)

   I had kind of worried all week that Emery wouldn't seem too excited to see her Dad. I didn't want to get the "Mom, who the heck is this guy in our house" look. No worries because her cute little face lit up when he walked in the door and they were inseparable.


See...... Inseparable:)
We took our time with everything this weekend. Long soapy baths with pruned little toes. Cuddle naps in the recliner instead of in the crib. Sunshine and giggles the whole time. It was just what we needed.

Doug thought Emery had grown. I know she does everyday, but I probably do not notice as much. It melted my heart to see them instantly bond back together. And here I thought I would finally be the favorite haha......
On Sunday we decided to go to the zoo. Emery pointed and smiled....at anything but the animals.  Poles, trees, anything. Oh well, it was a perfect day.


Perfect for a nap.
Emery probably enjoyed the free park more (which just goes to show that money cannot buy happiness.) I am learning that it is the simple adventures that we cherish the most. Give us sun and each other and we will make a great memory:)

Lying in bed Sunday night, Doug and I talked about the weekend and Em. We were laughing about her spunky-happy-go-lucky attitude. Doug thinks we must be doing something right in this crazy thing called parenthood. I hope so:)
And now it is Monday. But I feel refreshed. Bring on the weekdays and warm weather....and more memories!

Comments

  1. Always so glad to read your blog and see the pictures. Looks like Em has had a very busy weekend. I'm sure she is as happy to see her daddy as you are and I know you are very happy to see him as he is you two. Won't be too long before you can start doing a lot of outdoor activities. Hope she tans like you and Gpa.(ha) I think she is going to be an outdoor girl. Can't wait as we plan to see you all to celebrate Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts