Adventures with Emery: Holiday World Edition

When I told a few people that we were taking Emery to Holiday World today they totally gave me the "oh...your one of those parents..." look. Yes, she is a baby. Yes, Holiday World is a large ( I mean the best) amusement and water park. And now I can say YES, we did have a blast!
With a Nana on board (which is totally the way to do it) we hit the road bright and early this morning...and oh my goodness was the weather perfect.
We asked if Pat Koch (You know--the lady who is on all of the Holiday World commercials or as I like to call her "The Face of Holiday World") was there today....I was totally going to have her hold Emery or something. Sadly, we didn't see Pat but we did get the must-have picture with Santa.
The whole crew. Side note on bringing a Nana: Totally the only way today would have worked. The best part about this Nana is that she actually hates/can't ride rides--darn motion sickness. So, we were able to do Emery rides and our rides. Family bonding time and as I liked to call it "date" time with Doug haha. Emery was spoiled during both times--do not worry.
 
First stop was the Old Cars. Not so fun as an adult, but now that I have a little one I kind of take notice to other little ones around me. Most of the Old Cars had a little boy or girl around the age of 5 "driving" with the biggest smile on his or her face. Don't worry....we will be back Old Cars.
Next stop was the big carousel.  
I love this moment that Doug captured. Clearly my Mom and I are both a little bit in love with this little girl. 
We then headed to the kid area of the park.
Here Em actually was the "driver". Doug and I sooo look like crazy parents in this one. "WAVE TO NANA, EMERY!" (I wonder how many times we said that today haha.) 
After lots of other rides, we let Emery get down and play a little (aka get nice and germy) before we headed to the water park.
  
The water park was PACKED but that didn't stop us from having a great time. Again, Em was a little fish. She definitely thinks she can just go swim on her own.Yikes.
Note the mulletless hair cut:)
The highlight of the day was probably going down the slides in the kiddie pool. Doug and I took turns holding her and she about burst with excitement each time. On the way home Doug said he wished we had a picture of her doing that. I think we will both remember that face forever.
Going to Holiday World was a tradition in my family growing up and I am so happy to have started this tradition with my new little family. We love this scrunchy nosed little girl.
  
Thanks to perfect weather, some yummy snacks, two thirty minute baby girl naps, and a Nana, today was an absolute success.We will be back next year!



























Comments

Popular Posts