Happy Happy Father's Day


The bond between a father and his child(ren) is something so special. I think the saying is true-- A father is a son's first hero and a daughter's first love. I know that saying atleast stands true in my own life. My Dad is my biggest fan-- always has been and always will be. He believes in me and has always wanted me to have the most blessed life (and I think I do). Being the only girl, I have definetly been spoiled and absolutely qualify as a "Daddy's Girl". I love my Dad and have missed him. I so look forward to a few more regularly scheduled daddy-daughter days in my life.
And when it comes to my brothers, Dad is totally the hero. My brothers have always valued his every advice, idea, tip,  life story (now-- I am not saying they always heed this advice or let it be known that they appreciate the story) but deep down I know they do. Sisters know these things. Our Dad just wants the best for us-- and with this he is just doing his job.
 
If my Dad is my biggest fan than I am not even sure what title to give my Grandpa. G'pa has driven around the world and back to support my brothers and I. I have just always felt so warm and comforted and loved in the presence of my G'pa. I think that says a lot about him-- just a wonderful, loving man that I am proud to call G'pa.
These two men have now taken on a new role for me as Emery's Grandfathers. Add in my awesome father-in-law (who just lights up when he sees Emery) and OH MY Em is a lucky lucky girl. I want her to have a strong bond with each of these men. I already know she has them wrapped around her little finger. 
You know who else she has wrapped around that finger? Her Daddy. I am just going to go ahead and say it-- there is nothing more attractive than a father who is head over heels in love with his little girl. That. Is. Doug. The looks those two give each other will melt your heart. Doug is so patient in teaching her new things, lights up her world when he makes a complete fool of himself, and is the comforting cradle every night at bed time. He might hate me saying this but I know he worries about this whole parenting thing as much as I do. Are we doing the right things? What does the future hold for baby girl?  He loves her unconditionally, he helps me with so much and really is the best teammate. Doug is already Em's biggest fan and her first love.  I thank God for sending us this man--We are lucky girls. 
The thing about Dads is that they do not expect a big day or celebration. They just want to see you-- to chat a little-- they are happy just being the Dad.  Doug's exact words yesterday when I mentioned opening his Father's Day present was " But Father's Day isn't about presents..." This is just his first one and he already felt like so many Dads do. They just want to see their loved ones healthy and happy.
 
 Whether your Father is your hero or first love, they probably deserve the best day today. I know the Fathers in my life do. 
 
 Happy Happy Father's Day!
Love, Ashley and Emery


















Comments

  1. I think you have said it all and could not have said it any better. You have been blessed with all these wonderful men in your life who love you unconditionally including your brothers who have always looked up to you and also think you are special. And now little Em has this same unconditional love that you have had plus her Daddy. What a blessed little girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts