Tomorrow is July....

Tomorrow is July and you know what that means.....Emery Kayt's Birthday Month!! The count down is on and I am coming to terms with the fact that my little baby is almost ONE. I am sure lots of mushy-mommy posts are sure to come (along with mushy-wife posts seeing as how it will also be our third anniversary) but I am sticking to straight bday prep in this post. I like to think that I can be pretty crafty if I put my mind to it and I wanted Em's birthday to have that homemade touch. To me homemade means love. So with my glue gun in hand and a vision of gold glitter and vintage pennants in mind, I started crafting!
This is just a small portion of pennants that need to be made. Mom and I bought a book of scrapbook paper and just picked out all of the colors we thought fit the look. That part was easy.... 
But we decided they needed something else....too plain. Nothing a little lace, buttons, and ribbon couldn't fix! Those buttons have been decorations in her room since she was born and I love that I can use them on her big day too. They are also the same buttons GiGi sewed onto her birthday romper. I like using things in multiple ways  and as many times as I can and have done so with a lot of Emery's room decorations--many of her room decorations are from our wedding and you will most likely see those special  items incorporated into her birthday. I think this is the best way to incorporate Doug and I's anniversary...I mean Emery was born on our special day making July 16th even MORE filled with love:)

We are having Em's birthday where we have EVERYTHING for my family....G'pa and G'ma's Pond! It is going to be hot, but it is going to be fun. It is a pretty large space to decorate so my pennant making days are FAR from over.....

 What goes with vintage looking pennants, lace, and burlap you ask?? Lots of gold glitter of course!!
I guess you could call the theme Shabby Chic....mostly it is just a mixture of things we like and have! The gold O-N-E was super easy (and messy) to make. I used cardboard letters from Hobby Lobby, my gold spray paint (aka my best friend), spray glue, and lots of glitter. I have learned one thing through this crafting experience: once you have glitter on you, you always have glitter on you. Same can be said for the baby crawling around on the floor in said glitter. Ugh.
 
Just a mason jar, spray paint, and glitter. Super easy and cute. I only have about 10 more to do:( 
I have been eying tassel garlands on other blogs and on Etsy for awhile now. Every garland I see is super cute (and SUPER expensive). Like $45-$50 a garland. Umm how about NO. So I decided I could totally make them. And I did. And it sucked (sorry to be blunt). I even recruited Mom and Doug on this one and we still only made one little garland. Three people and one cute little garland. It wasn't that is was hard to do....it was just a painfully slow process. I would like there to be more than one at Emery's party, so we will see if that happens.....

Don't count on it.

The last thing I made was this ONE sign and matching party hat. I love how it turned out and of course have crazy dreams of Emery actually wearing this hat at her party. She will....for about two whole seconds. Oh well.....I tried:)
I cannot believe these little invites have already been sent out and I am planning on working on the menu this week. You might think I am crazy for doing all of this but I am really enjoying it. Em naps and I craft. She won't remember any of the gold or tassels, but I will remember making them and that is enough. Most importantly I just want her to have the best day: eat lots of cake, be surrounded by loved ones, pass out  from having too much fun, and to sleep in the next day:)

Tomorrow is July and you know what that means....These Jansens' most blessed month and we are excited!



Comments

  1. Whew, I am tired from just reading about all your crafting. But I know how you like the personal touch and I agree that means love. Right now she won't remember the labor of love that has went into making special events even more special for someone so special. But some day how special it will be when she is old enough to look at these blogs and not only feels the love but sees it in action. She is blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts