Birthday Week Recap: Monday

Well folks, the First Birthday Week has come and gone.....and it was a great one! I would like to say that Emery will remember it always...but who am I kidding....she is one. But with this blog I hope she can read all about it someday (and think that I am the best Mom ever). I know I will always remember it. July 16th is the happiest day of my life for many (okay two main) reasons and I am looking forward to every July 16th to come.

Are you ready for a week of recap posts??
Really Birthday week started off Sunday evening with Em sitting in her brand-spanking new big girl car seat. Aunt Linda and Bill, Dora and Heath, and Gigi and Papa went in together and bought this for her. It was much needed and I am happy to announce that the girl LOVES it. Almost as much as I do. If there are any new or expecting Mommys out there.....go with Chicco....they rock. She is so comfy and can finally sit up higher. This makes for a much happier Emery Kayt.
Monday morning we got to officially try out the new car seat when Nana, Dora, Hannah, Emery and I hit the road to St. Louis with no set plans in mind. Girls day:)
We decided to start at the zoo and go from there. We went big and bought passes to do some of the special things there...this included the children's petting area, the train, and my personal favorite, feeding and petting the sting rays. How cool!! Emery is getting to where she will actually acknowledge that there is an animal to look at (instead of a wooden post like the last time we attempted a zoo). I can see the zoo becoming a tradition for us....it is just amazing to see all of God's creatures.
The girls minus Nana....can you tell we love each other?
This is my favorite pic of the day. I swear the zoo needs this on a poster somewhere haha. As you can probably tell from those rosy cheeks, it was warm on Monday. When a storm rolled in, we decided to roll on out and do what we do best....shop and eat!

Hannah wanted to go to the American Girl store ( which a girl can definitely spend a while in) and then we ate wayyyy too much at Lotawata Creek. Perfect way to start off Birthday Week:)

Tune in tomorrow for our Tuesday!

\









Comments

  1. I agree there could not be a better poster. Such a doll baby. Rosy cheeks and all. GIGi and PaPa love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts