Birthday Week Recap: Wednesday aka The Actual Birthday

Wednesday was really what the whole birthday week was all about. Emery's birthday is the happiest day of Doug and I's lives and we wanted to start the day off right--with a crib full of balloons and a donut the size of Em's head. I can already sense a tradition being started:)
I am not sure how I would react if I woke up and my bed was full of balloons but Emery just kind of looked at them and then looked at us....she totally already thinks we are crazy. Oh well.
 
Doug and I sang a quick rendition of "Happy Birthday", lit a candle just to blow it right back due to Emery trying to grab it, and handed the birthday girl her donut. Wrong move on my part come to find out...

As I went to take it from her and cut it up like a good Mommy, a Birthday-Donut-Meltdown ensued. She squeezed it and tried to hide it under her tray all while screaming and getting red-faced and teary-eyed. Miss Birthday Drama! I quickly cut some up and all was eventually okay again. Lesson learned: never take a donut from a birthday girl. (Or any girl for that matter--I would have been mad too!)
The rest of the morning was spent enjoying the beautiful weather outside and getting a visit from Nana.
Nana usually comes bearing gifts and Wednesday didn't disappoint.... She arrived with a huge Blueberry Birthday Muffin! Nana knows the way to Emery heart....muffins:)
Later in the morning my Mom announced that it looked like I was getting flowers delivered. I couldn't come up with a reason why and told her that it was probably for the house across the street. Mom gave me a weird look and that is when I finally remembered....it was Doug and I's anniversary too! We had decided to put Emery's birthday as top priority this year and agreed that a simple "I Love You" and dinner was plenty for us. That is why I was so surprised to see the flower delivery van. I smiled from ear to ear when I realized that the delivery was indeed for me and then I saw that there were two arrangements. That is when I teared up. Mommy and Mini flowers for his two girls:) We are lucky lucky girls and it made Wednesday even more special.
The three of us hit the town for supper and just enjoyed each others company. By then Emery was in a birthday (okay maybe sugar...remember the donut and muffin??) daze. But it was yummy and fun.

We headed home and let Emery open a few presents from us. Rolling around on the floor just playing and laughing was the perfect end to our evening.
I hope you could feel the love on Wednesday little girl. 
Here is to many many more balloon and donut days! 







Comments

  1. Em when you get old enough to see these pictures and read the blogs you will not only feel the love but see it in action. Precious memories and traditions. Much love. God has truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts