Happenings At Home

We have a few little firsts over here and a funny story to remember so I wanted to post about them before I forgot.
First up in the news department: We are officially done with formula!! Going from $35 for a carton of formula to around $3 for a gallon of milk is definitely something to celebrate and Emery of course lovessssss it. I really wasn't worried.....
See what I mean ha! Emery drinks (demands) a bottle first thing in the morning and one at bedtime. I know her Doctor is going to tell us to start taking away her bottles and just go to sippy cups, but she is still my baby and those two bottles are her favorite things. I think we will just be pushovers for a little while longer and let her enjoy her bottles.

I had the genius idea that maybe it was just the thought of a bottle that made Emery chug them, not what was actually in them. So I did try to milk in her sippy cup....wanting her to, you know....sip it. FAIL. The minute she realized it was milk the chugging competition began. The girl has a serious drinking problem.
Speaking of drinking problem---Doug has just been nominated for Father of the Year with this story. Twice this week Emery has gotten back up after going down for the night. Being the "mean" Mommy that I am, I make her stay in her sleep sack (above picture) and just frown at her say it is bed time when she smiles and plays. That is my pathetic attempt to tell her she is suppose to be sleeping:)

On Thursday night Doug rocked her to sleep and after the success of a sleeping baby he opened a bottle of beer and thought he would sit back and relax--well deserved right?  Em then decided it was playtime. Doug and I were in the kitchen for a whole two seconds while sleep-sacked Emery was in the front room when we heard a weird clanking sound. Doug's eyes went wide and he ran into the next room when he finally recognized that sound. Emery had found and knocked over the full beer bottle filling the small coffee table and spilling all down the front of her. The poor girl was literally soaked from head to toe--through the sleep sack and pjs. I grabbed baby while Doug scrubbed the floor. Now I HATE the smell of beer...so at 10:30 pm not only does my house smell like the stuff but I swear my baby had it on her breath haha. After a quick wipe "bath" and scrubbing Emery was back in pjs and we just had to laugh. Doug and I decided to both blame Emery....if she hadn't decided to get up and play none of this would have happened!
 
In other news, Emery is so so close to walking. Finally last night she stood up from the middle of the floor on her own and will walk with our help. I can already tell things are about to completely change when the walking starts......
 
This blue-eyed and red?? haired cutie is getting to be such a little character. I would take her being this age forever...but I also can't wait to see what is next!













Comments

  1. Oh my goodness would love to have seen her stand up on her own. I knew it was coming. What a story to tell,
    you can't leave them alone for a second. Keep the blogs coming they are such a hilite to read and see Em's pictures and keep up on the happenings at your house.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts