Playing Catch Up

Summer is quickly coming to a close here at the Jansen's, so does that mean we are slowing down and taking things easy these last few weeks??? HECK NO! We packed a little fun into last week and are working on packing a LOT of productivity into this one. I have procrastinated all summer but it is officially (whether I like it or not) go time!
Last week was T-Town's big 175th celebration. We are new to town and did not get dressed up (these people are awesome but crazy haha) but we did take part in the festivities all week. On Thursday night we went to watch all the kids play games and see who we could find to talk to.
Emery was of course too little to participate in games like dodge ball, but that didn't stop the girl from loving it! Notice her waving (and I am sure saying HI) to the kids playing. She loves loves loves other little kids and would cheer for them when they got close.....maybe she will take after her Mommy and be a cheerleader! I mean she definitely looks good in a big bow ha!
We are so proud of this little girl. She has done so well with having her hand wrapped up and it is finally looking better. She lets us look at it and re-wrap it without any fight. We are pretty sure she just thinks that that is what we do now. "When you turn one, you wear a sock on your hand." We are anxious to see what she does when we finally take it off for good. 
On Friday, Emery and I walked up to a little petting zoo (where I seriously contemplated stealing a baby goat) and watched kids play old fashioned games. I will admit though....it was hot. So....we might have left early and went shopping instead of hanging out there all day;) 

On Saturday we had a wedding. Emery was NOT a fan of being at the reception. I don't know if it was the dark room or the clapping when the bride and groom entered the room, but she got so upset. Don't worry, a little cake and a Nana to the rescue saved the day!

Saturday night was also going to be THE night in T-town and we knew a lot of our friends and family would be there. Mention this to Nana and tadaaa....a babysitter appears. Em was much happier with her and it allowed Doug and I to go out together. Win. Win. 

Did I mention I love living back here at home ha!
Sunday was parade day. Emery liked it..... we think. Really she just sat and watched everything and only got excited if she saw an animal or a little kid. We had popsicles and snacks too so I am sure she had a good time. 
These two are quite the pair.....  
The above picture perfectly describes how Emery and I started this last week of summer. She was tired from the big week and weekend and I was just dragging my feet. It is hard to get back into school mode, but I knew once I started I would be fine.
But rocking this little sleepy head to sleep just sounded way more enjoyable then writing lesson plans...Let's just say Monday was not too productive. 
  
Tuesday was better because Miss E went to visit her new babysitter. She LOVED it and is going to have so much fun there. She starts next week and is going to be so exhausted.....its hard keeping up with those big kids!

Today Em is spending the day with Grandpa and Grandma and tomorrow Gigi and Papa are coming to visit. I really hate not having her with me but I know I have to get work done and I also know she is loving every minute of it. Next week starts a new adventure and schedule for the both of us which we are sad and happy about. Sad for less Mommy-Em time but happy because she is going to grow and learn and make new friends. And so am I, I guess you could say!

Wish us luck!  











Comments

  1. Good reading. Love the blog! So glad you have had this time with Emery. She is growing so fast . You have made a lot of memories with her this summer with your mommy time. So looking forward to staying with Em tomorrow. Glad she liked it at the sitters she will learn so much from the ones that are a little older than her as if she don't learn a lot on her own. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts