Saying Goodbye to Summer Break

This morning we started our new normal--everyone up early and going our separate ways. Doug and Emery headed for Miss Nancy's and then to Heartland and I finished getting ready and made it right on time for my first day of "school". Emery was not so sure about us getting her up early.....sorry honey, but this summer sleeping-in is OVER ha!
I was all tears this morning when my girl left....will leaving her for the day ever get easier????
I know she was having a blast but I could not wait to see those chubby cheeks this afternoon.  
 We are all home now and swapping stories about our day. Doug's was pretty normal, mine was educational and full of yummy food and I know that Emery's was awesome. I know this because the darn girl wouldn't come to me when I arrived at Miss Nancy's. I had this grand dream of Em getting all excited when she saw me and reaching for me with open arms and a little kiss ready. HA! She faked me out five times and just hugged Nancy. You have known Miss Nancy for all of one day and you would rather stay with her!?!? As much as I wanted her to want me, it makes my heart sing that she loves being at her babysitters. We are so lucky to have her going there!
The rest of this week is fun for Em and preparing for students for me....Next week will really be an all new adventure! My classroom is ready....now I need to mentally prepare ha!
My Grandma made me curtains and I LOVE them. The rest of my class's decorations are a mismatch of dollar store finds and Emery's birthday decorations---lots of pink, inspirational quotes and storage containers...You know, all of my favorite things;)
As much as I missed my Emery and as much as I could use a nap right now, I think I am ready for this new teaching experience.  See ya later summer break! You have been the best but we are ready for something new!











Comments

  1. I agree so happy Em loves it at the babysitter. She's such a tease. Your room looks really neat. The curtains and all the other decorations really do dress it up. You did a good job in decorating. Love Em's pictures. Such a sweetie. Can't wait to see her again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts