Perfect Weather~Perfect Weekend

I feel like I only do weekend recaps. I guess that is what happens when your weekdays are filled with school and your weeknights are filled with more school, supper, dishes, laundry, baths (and do not worry--lots and lots of cuddles and giggles and kisses.) Week life is pretty regular around here, we have fallen into a schedule that I absolutely love (that being home with my Em by 3:30 most days) so I figure you really do not want to hear all about it. But our weekends....our weekends are full of just enjoying each others company and the company of a few others:) Have I mentioned I love weekends?
If you look "Friday Night" up in this Jansen Dictionary you better bet that you will see cute outfits and eating out as a must. After wearing play clothes all week, Emery Kayt (okay, I) am ready to bust out a cute outfit, new shoes and a big bow. Even though there was no football game, Miss E still rocked a little orange and blue.
As for eating out, you could not pay me to cook and wash dishes on a Friday. Friday is the start to relaxation and fun and I am fairly positive that means NO dirty dishes:) We headed out for pizza and hit up Wal-Mart. That is our new Friday and I love it.

After eating pizza we attempted to walk as a family of three for the first time. Yes, Em has walked for awhile now, but when she is outside she gets overwhelmed and just sits. But with two hands to hold the girl got her confidence and by the time we reached the car (which took forever-but I am not complaining) she wanted to take off by herself. You go girl!!
 
Saturday was all sorts of greatness. Chilled by the lake, watched some football, eat lots of food and wrapped it up with a bonfire and baby girl on my lap. Oh and Emery got to wear her new orange skinny jeans. So. Darn. Cute. Friends were involved and the weather was gorgeous. Like I said, all sorts of greatness.
(I love this Daddy-Daughter moment. I wonder how many shoes he will tie for her.)

Sunday we took it slow. Some house and school work while Em took a long (and much needed) nap. In the afternoon we had some of our favorite visitors over, The Cranes. It was good to catch up with them. I so wish I could have a little bit more best friend time with all of my girls but I will take what I can get. 
We took advantage of the sunset and tried to take a few pics of the girl on the go. And she is really on the go now!
 And that is a wrap. Another great weekend for the books. Secretly I enjoy writing my weekend recaps because it makes me step back and realize that while we might not have really "done" anything over the weekend, we made memories and enjoyed our time. And right now that is my absolute favorite thing to do.
Bring on the next week!!







Comments

  1. Love the blog recap. Looks and sounds like a lot of quality family time. Orange and blue shirt lookin good. She is such a sweetheart. GiGi and PaPa love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts