And Then There Were Four.....

Four. Our little family of three is adding one of of the greatest gifts this world has to offer. I am tearing up writing that simple sentence not because of pregnancy hormones (although those are in full swing) but because I am overjoyed and excited for my little family.
Already being a Mommy, I didn't know how I would feel about #2. For Emery I just remember being so so excited. But I had NO idea that the little flicker on the screen would bring me more joy and love than I ever thought possible. I know now that "excited" doesn't come close to covering the feelings you should have when expecting. This time I know. This time I am already so in love and attached to this baby. I know what he or she is bringing to our lives. I guess Doug and I's life together is going to be happiness times two:)
Along with the stronger feelings of joy and excitement, my worries have doubled too. With Emery I think I was oblivious to the worry....well until she finally arrived. I just knew I would have the perfect pregnancy and perfect little bundle in the end. And I did:) And then the forever worry of a mother kicked in. Because I know now how quickly a mother falls in love and how hard a mother falls in love, my worrying has already begun with #2. But I know if I only concentrate on the worry I will make myself crazy. It is something I need to pray about---and also praise about because so far so good. 178 beats per minute and a wiggly baby on the screen are reasons for praise--not worry!
Looking back at my pregnancy with Emery, I guess you could say I was kind of secretly selfish. I was so excited for myself. Of course I was excited for Doug and our family and friends too, but mostly when I thought about being pregnant and having a baby I thought about how much I was going to enjoy it. I was going to be the one that got all the comments, I was going to get to be the Mommy, I was going to totally be the baby hog. With #2 I cannot help but be the most excited for Emery Kayt. I read somewhere that the greatest gift you can give a child is a sibling and I would have to agree. My brothers and I have been through a lot together and I secretly love being that know-it-all- big sister. I also see how much Doug respects and looks up to his older siblings. I want my two to have the most amazing bond. Em is going to be the best big sister. She already likes to help with her baby cousin and loves to take care of her baby dolls. She is so sweet and motherly--perfect for a big (probably at times bossy) big sister. It is kind of weird to think that my baby is no longer a baby. (Although she will always be my sweet baby girl!) Doug and I are just so excited for her. 
When Emery asks to go to bed at 8pm and we have to wake her up in the morning (she still is the best kid ever), and when I only have to worry about one little person (well...and Doug) I kind of have to ask myself.....Are you crazy?? Are you ready for this?? (Oh and did I mention we are getting a puppy!?!) Okay so maybe I am a little crazy haha. But without a doubt we are ready. We want the craziness, we want the up-all-nights- because we know those "quickly" go away and we will be left with the two greatest gifts. Yes please!!

Soooo bring on the weekly chalkboards again and the joy of being pregnant. Bring on Baby J #2!!
How We Told Our News

Doug: The day I discovered I was pregnant was such a wonderful day. I had not really put much thought into how I would tell Doug so that afternoon I just used what I had. Luckily I had the cutest little girl ever. I ran to Kohls and bought the only shirt they had that mentioned the word "sister." After a quick change at home Em was looking cute in her "Best Sister Ever" shirt. Too bad it was a too big, long sleeve onsie and it was 80 degrees out..Oh and Em never ever wears a onsie anymore. Looking back I totally gave away our news before Doug even saw what the shirt said. Emery always runs to Doug when he gets home and on this day she did not disappoint. Doug noticed immediately--due to the fact it was quite weird that she had a long sleeve onsie on--and scooped her up with excitement. I know his excitement is only growing because he keeps mentioning it. He is such a wonderful Daddy to Emery and I cannot wait to see him with #2!

Family: We told family by using an assortment of the sister shirt, our announcement pictures and phone calls. My Mom's first comment just made me laugh. Lately we have been on the house hunt and she keeps asking why we are in such a hurry to buy a house. The minute she saw Emery's shirt she turned to Doug and said "Well you better be finding a house!". Good idea Mom. My brother Austin thinks we should just build on to the duplex. I am thinking we just be patient and pray. (So if you are helping with praying for a healthy baby, can you say a little side prayer for our house hunt too? Thank you!)

What I found funny when telling family was the mixed reactions. Half the family was shocked and didn't see this coming and the other half acted like they had been waiting for the phone call and that it was about time! I have to agree with them....I think it is the perfect time!

Friends: The first person I told was Kaci (same as with Emery). She is my best friend and I cannot imagine not telling her first. Weeks before discovering our news, my other good friend Kendra Crane told us that she was expecting. Such wonderful news!! Kendra and Travis took our family and announcement pictures recently and that is how we told them. Hugs and congratulations were exchanged and then Travis let a statement slip: "I can't believe three of you at the same time." HUH??? When Doug and I got into the car we looked each other and asked the burning question....Who the heck is the third!?!?! We went back to Kendra's house for supper and our other friend Sharon was coming over. After some small talk I told Sharon that I had a secret. I said, "I am pregnant" to which she just stared with the weirdest blankest stare ever. Finally she asked if I was serious and I of course said yes. That is when she slowly pointed at herself. Sharon had a little secret too haha! The three of us of course exploded into girl screams (which scared Emery and our husbands a little). What a fun surprise! I am so so excited for my girls. They will be such wonderful Mommies  (and their husbands will rock at being Daddies.) It is going to be so much fun going through this experience together but of course the absolute best will be watching our kiddos grow up together. Emery is getting some friends!!
These last 10 weeks have gone by slow for us but Doug and I need to remember that it will all go by so quickly. Our plan is to enjoy every minute of this new journey. You are already so loved Baby J!

Comments

  1. So glad the secret is out. GiGi and PaPA are so happy to get to tell everyone that Em is going to be a big sister. Feeling so blessed. God is good. Now we have to wait on baby J to get here and share the love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts