Busy Busy Busy

Last weekend we did a whole lotta nothing.....boy did we make up for it this weekend! Here is a little recap--picture style of course:)
On Friday night we sped up to Champaign to see our first (of many I am sure) Illini Basketball games. How stinking cute is our little cheerleader?? Her outfit was actually a gift when she was born from Doug's best friend (a just as avid Illini fan). I love that I am still pulling new stuff out of the closet ha! Doug loves sharing his passion for his teams and sports with Emery....who knows, maybe he will have a boy someday to take to games.....
Miss Em did really good at the game. She gets quiet in a crowd so she just kind of set and took in all the sights. Doug's boys scored 107 points and won!

A "You Know You are Pregnant When..." Story: Near the end of the game I needed to go change Emery's diaper and put her jammies on for the ride home (and no....they were not orange and blue sadly). So I loaded up the bulging diaper bag, Doug handed me the girl, and away I went......I forgot to mention we were in the nose bleed section and the bathrooms were down two flights of stairs and approximately half way around the stadium....and I don't know which was heavier, the diaper bag or the one year old....Well we finally made it, got changed, and headed back to our seats. I am so serious when I say I have never been more out of breath when I got back.....Two minutes later Douglas turns to me and says "We can probably go now." WHAT!?!? I am sure Doug got a look from me. Next time Emery and I will wait by the door haha!!

On Saturday we went to a family wedding. And some how took NO pictures. Fail.
The wedding was beautiful, there was a band at the reception that ROCKED and Emery only ate cookies for supper. Nana took the girl home early so we could dance the night away. It was a great day and great night!

Today the goal was Christmas shopping with Nana and Natalie. Needless to say I think out of all of us maybe two things were marked off anyone's Christmas lists. That doesn't mean we didn't buy anything and that doesn't mean we didn't have fun.
Emery freaks out when a Target commercial is on at home because she loves the dog. Needless to say she was pumped to meet him in person! (Ok really it was just a mannequin but she was still excited!)
Target shopping was a bust but at least we got a photo out of it.
Next stop was the mall. Highlights of that trip was the train (and the tiny meltdown it caused), coloring (and stealing a crayon) from Old Navy and wasting Nana's money in a riding toy. Sounds fun right??
It was way past nap time and and time for lunch and Emery was getting a little squirmy in her stroller. We let her out to walk with us. Problem. The girl does not get the concept of walking with you are holding hands yet. She goes where she wants to go. And she wanted to go to the train. Just looking at the train would have been fine but nooooo.......somehow the girl knew she could get inside it.

She sat in it for a while and was pretty darn proud of herself. Then it was time to go....We will just say that didn't go well. How do you teach a one year old that what Mom says goes?? I guess just keep at it!
Next stop was Old Navy where you just have to color. We bought nothing (again) and might have swiped a crayon on the way out. Oops.
Nana, not helping the "Mom is always right" cause, volunteered some quarters so Em could ride in a ride that she freaked out over. Like we needed more germs and another meltdown haha. Em was so excited so I loaded it with quarters and pushed start.....and nothing happened. More quarters.....nothing happened. Good thing Emery didn't actually know it was supposed to move. Just sitting in it for awhile made her just as happy!

We finally had success at Tuscola. I ended up buying what I like to call "Pre-Christmas" gifts for Emery..... A.k.a a couple of cute outfits to wear to all of our Christmas parties. I do not feel bad at all about giving these gifts to her now.....I mean what kid wants to open clothes at Christmas!?!
While Nana, Natalie and I took turns shopping, Emery played. Note the little boy in the picture....they  were NOT friends. While we were busy laughing at Em's faces when the little boy pushed her out of the chair and totally crowded her space, his little sister was busy telling us her life story and asking us how many moms Emery had.  It was one of the more eventful Tuscola trips I have had in a while!!

A busy weekend makes for a short Sunday night. Supper, baths and Lola cuddles are done and bedtime will be soon. This week is a short week and then Thanksgiving, one of my favorites!! Sooo excited for more family time here in a couple of days!







Comments

  1. Thanks for post. Have been checking frequently hoping you would have pics and update about the ballgame. Em looks sooo cute in her cheerleading outfit. She will be a true Illini fan I am sure. Who knows maybe even an IIlini cheerleader.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts