Our Weekend: Snow, Coloring and Puppy Cuddles!

SNOW!?!?! I do not know about you, but I am just not ready for winter. Do not get me wrong, there are parts of snow and winter I am so excited about--seeing Emery play in it, snow days spent at home cuddling, Christmas music and lights. BUT slick roads and freezing temps are not my thing. Oh well I guess....at least we finally get to bust out Em's winter coats I bought last year:)

We have a had a good ol' stay at home and do nothing weekend. Doug was out of town for some of this past week, it is cold, (I am worn out), and the three of us just missed each other.
Friday night was full of crayons and Chinese take-out. Chinese take-out being an old favorite of ours and the crayons being a new favorite past time.
(How big is this girl?? Maybe she will be an artist...) The coloring went great for awhile....until plain old paper just didn't seem that fun anymore. Then we moved on to her new riding toy, baby doll's face, Mommy's iphone..... I wonder how many times Doug and I have said "We color on paper, Emery" this weekend:) Too bad one year olds have selective hearing haha!
Saturday we stayed in pajamas for most of the day. We did jazz it up with pigtails though!! We stayed busy making messes, coloring some more and then ventured outside for a little bit in the afternoon.
For not doing a whole lot, Miss E was sleepyyy and grouchyyy Saturday night. Bath time is usually and exciting event at this house but this face was seriously all I got the entire time.......No smiles but still so so cute!

After church this morning we ran to Wal-Mart for the weekly groceries. It has been the plan for quite a while that we would be adding to our family very soon....by getting a puppy! While we were shopping we checked out the animal section and decided to get some puppy supplies so that we would be ready.
Good thing we did because this little cutie was delivered to our door step this afternoon!! Say hello to Lola Jansen! We are already in love!
At first Emery either wanted to attempt to carry her around OR wanted nothing to do with her and pushed her away.
Lola loves to cuddle with Doug or I and I think Emery is realizing that puppy cuddles are pretty fabulous.
She keeps a close eye on her that is for sure. Emery got to feed her the first time (well that was after Em put the dog food in her own mouth) and keeps telling Lola where her water is. 
If I had to guess.....
I think they are going to.....
Love each other :)

We just finished supper (homemade chicken noodle soup thank you very much) and Douglas and his "girls" are playing on the front room floor. Poor Doug....if Baby #2 is not a boy he is going to be very very out numbered.

Have a safe and happy Monday!



Comments

  1. I could look at these pictures for hours. Love every one of them Love Em's little pig tails. Glad you got to spend a nice quiet weekend at home. Lola is the cutest thing. Looks llike Em has a new best friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts