Our First Week Back-Recap

A week back to Miss Nancy's and school down and guess what....we made it! This past week must have made for a sleepy and cuddly Em because we stayed home today. Really, I think dumb ol' teeth are to blame. The poor girl walks around pointing to her teeth and crying--I know she is thinking "Fix it for me Mommy!"--so Doug and I decided to tag-team a calm day at home. I went to school this morning, came home for lunch and he headed to work. Emery is probably thinking this is the best day ever--a little daddy time and a little mommy time. We are hoping for comfort and relief for baby girl!

She is busy chilling in her pjs and reading books so I thought I would hurry and type up a little recap of what we have been up to.
On Monday I cried. I took Emery to her favorite place-Miss Nancy's-and I cried. Not because she was sad to see me go....heck no...but because I was sad to see my big girl go and happy to see her happy at the same time. I do not think leaving her will ever become easy and I am really struggling with the thought of ever leaving two babies. But they are loved and I am so so thankful for that.
She won't admit it, but I know she missed me. When we got home she found her favorite spot on my lap. We talked about our days and she let me play with her hair. As long as she will always do this I will be okay letting her go off on her own during the day:)
 
For most of the week, Emery was almost 100%. No more cold so she was on the go, go, go. The girl is talking. A mile a minute, non-stop mimicking. It might be the cutest thing ever.
This week we also tried out our puffy coat because it was coooollllllld. Those skinny little legs and that facial expression sums up how well this coat fits haha---Emery Kayt is thinking "Momma, what the heck did you put me in!"
This past weekend was a no-plans weekend but we still found a way to fill it. On Friday, Aunt Kaci stopped by to catch-up. We don't get to see her often so we will take these little meet-ups when we can. Emery was up bright and early Saturday morning-we had plans to take down the Christmas decorations and work on school stuff-but we decided that that sounded like no fun.
Instead we packed up the car and headed up to Champaign for a day of furniture shopping. Furniture shopping you ask........yes furniture for our new HOUSE! Our house prayers were answered on New Years Day (what a way to start the year!) and we will be moving in sometime this February. We could not be more excited (and relieved). Because all of the furniture we are using was given to us (in which we are veryyyy thankful) Doug and I felt like being big kids and purchasing our first furniture pieces together. Em loved shopping--she thought it was weird/hilarious that we kept walking around a store and sitting. She also found a friend at one of the stores--see picture above--the girl loves herself a dog, real or fake!

The day was a success. We even made it home in time to take down the Christmas tree:)
Sunday was when the cuddling started happening. Emery is getting so many teeth right now--I would want to sit and cuddle if I were going through that too. Hopefully two days of monkey pajamas and cuddles help the poor girl and she is back at it tomorrow!

Looking forward to a week as good as the last one!






Comments

  1. Sounds like a busy weekend to start out with no plans. Anxious to hear about your shopping trip further. So thankful when I heard about the house the other day. Will be really nice when you get into it. Beautiful, so much space. I think your mommy hormones are working overtime, although I remember how hard it was to leave that precious baby and that was 56 years ago! Thank God she does have a sitter that loves her and takes good care of her. Looking forward to Monday for your checkup!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts