Can You Tell Me How to Get....How to Get to Sesame Street!

As I was loading pictures to this blog post, Emery ran up, touched the screen and shouted "Melmo!" and that perfectly sums up how she felt about our weekend. The girl had a blast and even though she will probably not remember seeing Sesame Street Live forever, she is still clapping and dancing when we mention Elmo tonight....and that is all I wanted. It is safe to say we will be back to Sesame Street:)
The day started off with a great big high five ha! As we were walking up to the Opera House, Em spotted a Sesame Street Live semi with a huge Elmo on it--and her face lit up. In Emery fashion, she wanted to give him a high five. The fact that she was excited to see an 18 wheeler proved to me that it was going to be a great day!

A little jazz hand to show off the jumbo Elmo.
Look at that smile:) Em fit right in with all of the other Elmo-toting toddlers. It was so fun to see so many excited little kids. 
 We brought Nana along too....a day out on the town with Emery was her Christmas gift. Em might have sweet talked Nana into a souvenir--a light up Elmo wand (that every other little kid had).
Proof that she loves it: She kept kissing it ha!
 
We found our seats and surprisingly enough, sat patiently waiting for the show to start!
And then the lights went out and for about 30 minutes this was the look on Emery Kayt's face. She was in Sesame Street Shock! She never seemed scared (except for the one time a character tried to dance with her....but I would have been scared too) and we did see a smile from time to time. I of course had been hoping for a dancing little girl--but I decided a content-just-to-watch little girl was fine too.
And then this happened. After intermission Emery was a different girl...it was like she had watched the little ones around her and decided she could totally party it up too!! She stood in her own chair and was a clapping and dancing fool. I do not think Nana, Doug or I saw any of the show during the last half because we were to entertained by Em! (And the three of us might have taken part in a little dancing too haha).

After the show we did two of our favorite things--shopped and ate veryyyy yummy food. After that we headed to our hotel to relax a little bit. By then we had given up on a nap--oh well....we were on "vacation"! Later that night it was nice enough outside to walk to supper where more yummy food was had. After that, Nana and Emery stayed back and went to bed early which allowed Doug and I to hit the town together! Love that we got to spend a little time together because that rarely happens!
In the morning we bathing-suited up and went swimming. The pool felt so good and I was so proud of my little fish! Just like taking 30 minutes to get used to seeing Elmo, recently Emery has been more hesitant to try new things. I was worried she would not like swimming. Not that swimming is a new thing, but she was just baby this last summer and it has been a long time since we have been in the water. She surprised us all and did so so good. We kicked and blew bubbles and loved every minute of it--this just makes me want summer even more!!

We did a little bit more shopping in the afternoon. Even though this was a trip for Emery, Baby Boy was still on our minds. I have been itching to get my fingers on some blue and I am happy to say there is a big shopping bag of blue in our closet tonight! Come to think of it, poor Em only got a pair of jammies this shopping trip. My how things are already changing haha! I also got to mark something off of my "Baby #2 Wants" List--My Mom bought me a new (bigger and better) diaper bag....Vera of course!! It is even Douglas approved (If you have been following since my first pregnancy you might remember the Great Vera Debate of 2013). Buying these items makes it seem even more real that we are having a son...and soon!!

Chalk this weekend up for being one of the best. Emery Kayt was such a good girl and this trip just proved to me that she is no longer a baby. Here's to even more fun times and memories made this year!!











Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. So glad Emery had such a good time ( glad you all did). Wish you had a video of her clapping and dancing. She is so blessed as we all are.\

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts