Moving In and Our Past Week--Picture Style

If I am being pessimistic, this past week was disorganized, messy, hectic, yucky, tiring and expensive. But who has time to be pessimistic, right????? The optimist in me (and I usually try to let that Ashley win) would describe this week as a fun success and an eye opener to how loved and lucky we are!!

First maybe I should explain the bad: Anytime you move (which Doug and I should be getting good at) there is craziness. Throw in a six month preggo and an 18 month old on the go and you are just asking for trouble. We could have been more prepared, we could have not tried to do so much, and we also could not have gotten the FLU! Doug was down Monday and Tuesday, Emery Kayt was sick Friday and Saturday, and I caught it Saturday and some of Sunday. Fun. But this is the perfect time for me to transition into the positives of this week....our FAMILY a.k.a the moving and home remodel dream team!

We could not have accomplished any of the hard work (or stayed in the house last night) without Doug's parents, my parents, my grandparents, Doug's siblings and nieces and nephews and my brother and his girlfriend. From working all day, cleaning the new house, packing, making meals, (taking care of the sick ones), we have been helped out so so much in the last week. It reminds us of how blessed we are and it reminds us of why we moved home in the first place.....family. We owe everyone big time. If it is worth anything---Doug and I promise not to move for a long long time!!!

I tried to capture the past week in pictures. Mostly these are Emery pictures--Some day soon I will post some before and after of the house. The house that Emery already loves and the house that we will bring baby boy home to. 

This was from the very first time we took Em to see the house. Her room had these bright colored stickers on the wall that we took off--and she fell in love with them. I guess we should have kept them ha!
Saturday was Valentine's Day--and Doug and I got our Valentine a new Elmo Potty!! (Isn't that what all people want for Valentine's day??) We opened this up at the new house and Emery was pumped. My intention for the potty was for it to stay in the bathroom and for us to start talking and learning about it. Emery had a different idea.... she insisted it be carried everywhere. I gave in. So for now it is a toy....not sure how I will get her to change this when it actually comes time to potty train. I will let you know how that goes....

Emery and I really just hung out (and bossed delegated). I should have been at the duplex packing, but I didn't want to miss out! Emery is such a little copy-cat and it was so cute to see her "help" out.
Painting with Uncle Tim
Hogging the step stool--her favorite
Cleaning with Grandma Sue and Brooke
Making sure Uncle Tim is doing everything right
Cleaning windows with Grandma Sue--after this she just kept touching the windows. Grandma's job was never done ha!
Trying out the new bath tub (which is worth a whole other blog post.....)
And at the end of the work days, Emery Kayt napped where ever she could. She was such a trouper and had such a good time with all of her visitors. I think being at the house so much made the transition of actually staying there so much easier. Proud of you baby girl!

We were at the new house as much as we could be. The only thing that could keep us away was the nasty flu. Lots of cuddles and lots of Elmo fixed the girl right up and two days later we were back at the house!
This was pretty much her spot--either this or in my arms. This was outfit one of the day.
And outfit two.....
Outfit three.....
And finally outfit four. How can she still be so cute when she is sick?? We had a lot of Mommy-Mini time over the last week and weekend. I am missing her today!
All the hard work, help, cuddles (and Elmo...lots and lots of Elmo) led to this smile this morning. A well rested, healthy, happy big girl! I hope every one that has helped us agrees that is was all worth it when they see this grin. 

We still have a lot to do. But the optimistic side of me says that is okay because we have the best help. Doug, Emery, Baby Boy and I can never say thank you enough!








Comments

  1. PaPa and I have really enjoyed the time of "togetherness" helping you all to get your new home remodeled and spending time with everyone who has helped you out. It truly has been a labor of love for us and I am sure for everyone else. You are very blessed to have this beautiful new home. Looking forward to all the wonderful memories that will be made here starting with the ones in the pictures in this blog and then bringing baby Jansen home and all the memories with him and Em in the future. Just thought of the perfect window you have for the Christmas tree and the memories that will entail, pictures in front of the fire place and on and on it goes. God is good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts