While Daddy is Away

The girls will play, take lots of pictures for Dad, shop, eat yummy food, have a movie sleep over and miss him lots and lots. Doug was gone this week-just got back right after bedtime last night-so while we missed him we still had a little fun. Em might be a Momma's girl right now but she thinks her Daddy is the silliest thing and asked for him every morning. When he is gone I try to send him a morning picture first thing (because who wouldn't love a morning Em picture) and we face-time him in the evenings. Emery woke up on the happy side of the princess bed every morning and her pictures cracked me up. I thought I would share.

Monday: I told her to wave to Daddy which I think just confused her by the look on her face.

When we face-time she is all about kissing the screen. She now thinks we are always face-timing. Either that or that Dad lives inside my phone.


Tuesday: We got new shoes. Had to show Dad.
The rest of Tuesday's pics are big cheesy smiles because she was looking at the screen waiting to see Dad. Or she thinks she is the cutest and funniest thing ever.


Wednesday: We were just sweet and cheesy. This new smiles she has going on cracks me up. The teeth, cheeks and squinty eyes make it.




Besides lots of pictures, we stayed busy doing a little shopping, eating at Cracker Barrel--Emery could eat biscuits for days--and we had a movie sleep over!
Nana came over and we played and played.....in the bathroom. Potty training is clearly not going so hot.

We took baths, put on jammies and cuddled up on the couch to watch FROZEN! This was our first official movie night and I didn't know how she would do. Em will watch an Elmo episode or Full House (aka Baby Michelle) episode but usually not the whole thing. I didn't expect her to be glued to the TV the whole time we watched Frozen. (I was a mean Mom and turned it off at bedtime. I didn't even watch the end ha!) I had a feeling she would love it because on Monday while we were shopping she freaked out yelling "OOOAAAFFF"---I finally figured out she was screaming Olaf, the character in the movie, and had see an Olaf stuffed toy. Here is the thing....I have never showed her Olaf....I had one guess at where she had learned about him....Miss Nancy's. Sure enough, Nancy told me that the older girls had probably taught her all about it and she could even sing the "Let it Go" song with them. And she can. Which is too much. Again, little eyes are always watching and little ears are always listening. So amazing to me. 

Baby had to watch too of course. I couldn't believe how into it she was. Singing, dancing, giggling. When did my baby turn into this big girl?? This just gets me so excited for all of the fairy tales and girly things she is going to love. I am even taking her to see the musical Mary Poppins this weekend at my high school. I hope she likes it too. I miss her baby stage so much, but I loveeeeee this stage even more. Sigh.

Daddy woke her up this morning and she couldn't stop smiling and touching his face--like are you really here Dad?? I said we should have all just stayed home today to play ha! Distance really does make the heart grow fonder...even a toddler can feel it.

Hope you have a great end of the week! 








Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing all the antics of Emery Kayt. So glad she loves her daddy so much. She is so blessed by all the love surrounding her. Amazing how she is learning so much and picks things up the way she does. PaPa and GiGi love you so much Emery Kayt! Also looking forward for bab y Jansen to get here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts