Weekend Happenings and Silly Faces

This weekend's story is all about house progress and cheesy smiles--both of which happen to be two of my favorite things.

Friday night has no pictures. We had friends over for supper to watch basketball and play. Our friends include two of the cutest little seven month old boys---Emery was smitten with them. She was so gentle and checked out their every little detail--socks, nose, eyes. My heart just swells when I see her with babies. I just hope she stays this sweet and patient:)
Saturday morning we worked on the house. Emery is still sleeping really well in her twin bed so we decided to go ahead and move the crib over to the blue room. I was almost teary eyed packing away all the pink and hand-made ruffles. But at the same time I was excited to see a crib in my baby boy's room. Time for some new crib bedding!!
A little story on Emery and her big girl bed. I have never seen her get out of this bed. She was doing a great job of staying in it at night and then we always pick her up out of it in the morning. Saturday morning I heard some knocking over the monitor and thought maybe she was knocking or kicking her wall. As I swung her door open, I was met with a big "Hiiiii" from a bed-head little girl. Apparently she can get out haha. I think this is going to be the new weekend normal.... this morning I was woken up by princess music....again when I walked in I got a big hi and she went back to playing. I love a smiling happy girl in the morning.
Saturday afternoon we got all pretty for a wedding reception. Just a warning, you will be seeing a lot of this little yellow and blue dress...it is our Easter and pictures and attending weddings dress! Good thing she is sooooo stinkin cute in it.



Since it was so nice out we tried to take a few "good" pictures with each other. By good I guess I mean Emery just mimicking any face Doug and I did.


I love my goofs. Emery is a wild and silly one at home but most people do not see that side of her because if there is a crowd you can bet she is attached to me and quiet. She kind of just takes it all in. The wedding reception had too many people in her mind and it took awhile for her to warm up. Since she is by my side at all times lately, I get to witness some of the secretly sweet things she does. Em  and I decided to take a front room seat when the bride and groom had their first dance last night. Emery couldn't take her eyes off of them--she eventually turned to me, smiled, and in her lispy-soft voice said "princess". She was calling the bride a princess and then just clapped and clapped for them. It melted my heart. It also reminded me that little eyes are always watching and little ears are always listening and it will be so so important to have strong, beautiful, positive role-models for her. I hope I can do a good job of that.
This afternoon Em and I have stayed busy and Doug's day has been full of more house progress. Look at that cheesy smile....do you think she is happy when she is "helping" Daddy??

Hope you got to enjoy a little sunshine this weekend too. Time to get ready for the week.

Comments

  1. My heart is singing for joy to hear about your weekend and see all the great pictures! You are so right about the little eyes watching and the little ears hearing. I believe you and Doug are wonderful role models and she knows she is sooo loved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts