Easter Weekend 2015

I hope your Easter weekend has been busy and  fun and blessed. I know our break was much needed and has been all three of these things.
Even though we had off Friday it was a go-go-go kind of day. Em started the morning on a conference call. HA! This picture cracks me up....Doug says she is "doing deals" like he does at work. If you ask her who is on the phone it is usually Nana and Mom.....Doug also might think Nana and Mom talk too much on the phone......
The girl has also figured out that Mommy takes pictures of her with the phone so she can do the same thing. CHEESEEEE!

Friday Emery went and played at Grandma and Grandpa Jansen's house so Doug and I could go see our other baby. We had our 30 week check up and saw Baby Boy breathing and swallowing. He has decided to camp out on one of my hip bones and is yet to flip over....praying he does this before June!! My favorite sight was following his intricate backbone to where he was poking up his little butt.....nothing is cuter than a little round baby butt. My heart surged at the moment and I now cannot wait to have him on my chest and pat him to sleep. After a great check up Doug and I had a lunch date and ran some errands. Then it was time to go get Big Sis!
Saturday was our first Easter event.....coloring and finding eggs and Aunt CeCe's (Kaci) house. Kaci was home for Easter so we headed out to Grove to play with her family. Em was pumped and whispered "Cece's house" the whole way there. 




Egg coloring went great...no major spills! It was then time to head outside and find those eggs!


She lovedddd it. She had no idea there was candy in the eggs--just finding them was her mission. At the end there was a bag of candy waiting for her--which we had to open right away. The rest of the afternoon was spent with girl talk and eventually she ventured down to play with the other kids. She had a little accident with one step and ended up with a goose egg and a black eye---poor girl. It looks like the Easter Bunny beat her up!
Now on Monday she is kind of black and blue but doesn't act like anything hurts. I have learned to accept some of these ouchies because I know they will not be her last! When you are a girl on the go, things happen!
Easter Sunday was beautiful. We went to church and came back to fix lunch for the boys--Daddy, Uncle Austin and Uncle Avery.
We had to stop and smell the flowers first:)

Nana was really the main cook for the day and Doug grilled. 
We all ate wayyyy to much.
After lunch it was time to find eggs again. Because she had had a practice round the day before I think Emery thought she was a pro! I just love the way
 she holds her basket....such a girl.

We would ask her where the eggs where and she would shrug her shoulders and say "Don't know."


Em and her helpers. She has these boys wrapped around her little finger. Baby Boy will too.

After finding her eggs she stumbled upon a jack-pot! Elmo basket for the win! It had an Olaf and the Frozen movie in it. We might be a little late to the Frozen party but we are here to stay I think! Baby Boy even had a basket....full of little socks and outfits. This just reminds me that next year I will be chasing two around instead of one!

After a quick nap (and a little Frozen) we headed out to the Jansen's for Easter #2.
Can we just talk about this outfit for a second? I have had this scarf since before Emery Kayt was born. We have tried it on a couple of times but she would immediately take it off so I thought it was a lost cause. That was until she noticed that Mommy had a scarf on....and we are veryyyy into being just like Mom. The girl wore it the entire night ha! A scarf and some baggy boyfriend jeans....my teenager baby is just too much.
We had Easter egg hunt #3....no wonder she woke up and asked to go outside for eggs this morning.....

She got in lots of playing time with her cousins. You can just tell she loves the girls and looks up to them. I feel blessed to have so many and such amazing role models for her!
This picture perfectly explains what Em really comes to parties to do. Eat! She was the last kid done. Probably because she had two full plates and slurped every noodle. Yes, she is slurping one in the picture. Her Father decided that would be the appropriate thing to teach her.....I just shake my head.
Emery and I do not have school today so we are doing this: Snuggling with buddies, watching Frozen (you never would have guessed that right?) and we will probably eat some candy. I cherish days like this because very soon our little routine will change. The cheesy smile will probably stay the same, but things will be different. A very good different.

Tonight we have one more party--The girl is so blessed to have so many loved ones. This time of year we celebrate the resurrection of  Christ--a miracle and blessing. Easter just has me thanking God for sending his son and giving us life and more miracles and blessings than we deserve. I know I do not thank him enough for this life he has given me. 

We clearly enjoyed our break---hope you did too!!

Comments

  1. Looks like you had a full schedule. PaPa and GiGi so enjoyed our Easter celebration with you all. She is changing so much so fast and look forward to having baby Jansen to enjoy during these special times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pic of Em and Henry both looking up. So adorable. Two of my favorite toddlers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts