Life: Sunshine, Eggs, Flowers and Ice Cream

Wouldn't that be wonderful if life was only about sunshine, Easter eggs, flowers and ice cream? (Well really I could leave out the Easter eggs because they are not that fun to pick up everyday) But I would say everything else on that list is a must--especially if your name is Emery Kayt.
Emery is starting to be an outside kinda girl. We pull in the drive and in my mind I am thinking "Okay, when I get inside I need to let Lola out, take off these darn shoes, wash up this morning's dishes, start/figure out supper...." and Emery is over here all "Let's just stay outside Mom." I am really trying to slow down and listen to those little moments because there is no reason supper has to be ready at 6....but I will not always have a little girl wanting me to just sit by her on the front step. We need to stop and soak up the sunshine. It takes an almost two year old to teach me that.
When we are inside, this is my life. Empty eggs everywhere, dirty feet on my fridge and a little girl singing "Happy Birthday" on repeat. I love love love all of this. Except for the eggs. But she loves them (like enough to say good bye to them in the mornings) so for now I will deal:)
When we inevitably go back outside, we pick flowers. Em wants them all. And her sights are set high because dandelions do not seem to be good enough--she wants the big pretty ones.
She really just picks at the petals so we are working on proper picking technique.
Once it is picked, she puts it up to her face and scrunches up her nose ever time--because that is how you smell things.
And then she yells the word water until we get inside and make sure it is safely in a little cup on the table.
This weekend's picks. I love them. Do not tell Doug, but they are the best flowers I have ever received.
And if Mommy has anything to say about it, we end our weekend with treats.  And one of our favorites is ice cream. Em gets sooo excited going to Homewood grill because they have a little picture of "Choochie" Monster in the window. Excited as in she said good bye to him today and the young girl working thought it was the funniest thing. She also managed to cover my feet in vanilla soft serve--which was a sticky mess--and swindled me out of the end of my ice cream and Nana's. Tricky. 

This face is the face of someone who leads a pretty special life. A life full of sunshine, eggs, flowers and ice cream. 

Comments

  1. Love that sweet little face. She is already so enjoying the beautiful outdoors. Just wait until she can picnic, swim and go to the lake. You are so right to spend precious time with her. It is the most valuable gift you can give her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts