Our Big Weekend

Doug and I used the term "vacation" many times this weekend. Not that we really went on an extravagant trip or anything, but we also did not stay at home and work on the house--which has been the usual lately. It was fun to pack up the car and be busy with things we actually want to do! Speaking of packing up the car, we were gone for ONE night and it looked like we were going on a weeks vaca. And this is with one kiddo. I told Doug, after unpacking Emery and I's bags, that he was in charge of baby boy when he got here--it only seems fair! One boy bag and one girl bag and away we will go!!
We hit the road in style right after work on Friday. The plan was to stop and see friends in Bloomington and then do supper out with Kaci and Jason in Peoria. It is funny to think that Emery has made that drive so many times in her little life but will never remember living there. (Recently Emery will say "HOME" when we pull in the drive and I just smile and think yes little girl, we are home.)

Saturday was packed with pictures, baby cuddles and friends. Our good friends Travis and Kendra are the proud parents of the cutest little boy and we had been waiting all week to get our hands on him. But first Kendra took some family pictures for us.

She gave me two sneak peeks and I could not be more in love. She perfectly captures Emery's personality--so sweet but so silly too. I am sure I will be sharing more pictures in the future!

After pictures it was baby time. I cannot tell you how much my heart melted when I saw how much Emery loved baby Desmond. She was all about him from the very start and finally asked to hold him.
She was so sweet and gentle (and proud of herself) but I knew something was up....when I said "Okay, let's give him back to his mommy...." she let out a big "MINEEEEE" and started to squeeze him. I think she would have sat there looking at "baby boy" all afternoon haha! I scooped him up quick and the rest of the afternoon she busied herself by trying to give him his toys (mostly by laying them on his face.....)    
  I am going to have a major help on my hands!

Later on Desmond was crying and Em looked at Kendra...and then at me...and finally pointed at me and said "Mom" as in "Give him to my Mom...she will fix it." I explained that I was her Mom and Kendra was his Mom. She just shook her head and said "No" and pointed at me again and said "Mom". I guess in her eyes, I am the MOM!! Seeing Doug hold a baby boy and how much Em loved him makes me evenmore excited about my own baby boy. Some day, when Kendra and Kaci and Sharon and I get together I hope the house is full of little best friends-I hope they love each other as mush we love each other. 

We headed back home Saturday afternoon. Em slept all the way home and it was not long and we were all in bed for the night.

Sunday was Ella's first communion and Doug is her Godfather. After church we went to their house to eat lots and of course play lots.

Emery loves it outside and wants to do anything the big kids are doing. She can be so shy and reserved in somethings and then she will surprise us and have no fear at all. I hope she continues to try new things--I sit and wonder what she will love to do.
When we got home, Em could barely keep her eyes open but she was NOT going to take a nap. She wanted a "mooobie" and "Ohhaf" was picked. I had checked on her twice and eyes were glued to the screen. The third time I found her like this. Cutest little butt-in-the-air sleeper there has ever been.
We ate a little supper (half a pb and j sandwich that she insisted dipping in ranch...), took a bath to wash off all of the outside time, and her eyes were closed when her head hit the pillow.
I call that a successful weekend.

Comments

  1. I believe it was a very successful weekend for all. So glad you all could get together. Can't wait to see the pictures. These two peeks are fantastic. Good job Kendra! So exciting to see Em with baby Desmond and that she is in love with him. A foretaste of what is to come. So exiting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts