Our Boy's Room

After some hard work from Doug this weekend, I can finally share some pictures of our boy's room. I remember loving Emery's nursery so much and was worried I would not know what to do for a boy. I take that back now. I love the way it turned out and can't wait to add the last minute touches....oh...and the baby boy!
We decided to embrace the blue and went with a baseball theme. I love the way the color turned out-especially with the new trim thanks to the hubby.
This side of the room is still looking pretty bare. After he arrives the plan is to hang a baseball bat and pictures by the rocking chair (same rocking chair I was rocked in, Austin and Avery were rocked in, and Emery Kayt.) Soon I will add his name to the bottom of it! I am still on the never ending hunt for a lamp.
Douglas made the framed pegboard and I love it so so much--thank you pinterest for the idea! Today I ordered some baseball books to go in the metal basket.
The jar is full of old baseballs that were found at the Jansen's or given to me by my students and friends. The old baseball bat is also from Doug's parents. The antique "scooter-thing" in the corner was my Dad's Taylor-Tot stroller from when he was little. If you remember back to Emery's birthday, she received one that was bought when I was little and restored by Dad. I love that I can add little touches from both of our families.
The metal basket in this corner was where I always kept my things when I worked at the Newton pool. When I left they were going to tare it down so I took my basket. The basket also has a number "4" on it--this is Doug's "number" and when I was dating him back in high school it quickly became my favorite number too--again I love little things with stories.
Here is his beautiful (okay maybe that is not the manliest word to use) bedding. My Grandma made it all--with lots and lots of love. The only decoration missing from this side of his room is a big metal letter that goes above his bed....but we can't let that secret out just yet!

The room is ready baby boy. See you soon!

Comments

Popular Posts