Weekend Happenings + The Newest Edition to Our Family: The Slide

Weekends just keep getting better. Emery does so good on the go, Auggie sleeps...add in Doug being with us and you have the perfect combination for a perfect weekend. 
Friday was a we-successfully-made-it-through-a-week-with-only-a-few-tears-so-lets-just-stay-in-our-jammies-and-not-push-it kind of day. I had happy littles and enjoyed all of their cuddles and smiles. 
We eventually got dressed and headed out the door after supper for a walk on the treck-trail. (Emery and I needed to redeem ourselves from our walk on Monday). Emery was too busy to take a picture but my man just slept through the walk. Did you notice those curls....sorry kid....humidity wins every time. 
Saturday was beautiful--a lovely change from the yucky rain. By the time we all ate and showered and got ready.... It was time to eat again ha! Doug and I decided to be brave and take Em and Aug to Homewood Grill for lunch- we had to take advantage of the weather! Lunch was yummy, kiddos were great.... So we decided to push our luck and grocery shop. Two stores, two kids, two carts needed and two warn out parents after all was said and done:)
Sunday we moved a little bit quicker and made it out the door for church on time! Doug was impressed and noticed I even had time to snap a few pictures😜
The morning was not without a little battle....Doug and I lost. Emery loves nothing more than to pick out and put on her own shoes. Too bad her hand-me down play shoes are her shoes of choice. We figured GOD would understand the fashion statement:)
Nana came over for lunch after church and then it was naps for everyone! (Including this momma). Visitors filled up our evening and we were all fast asleep by 10:30.... Which is a new record thanks to Mr. August. The weekend was the perfect combination of slow family time and busy on the go time---and it went by too fast. 
Today it is just me and my two. No real plans-- just the way a Monday should be.
Actually I take back that we have no plans....the plan is to break in our new SLIDE!
For Emery's birthday (I cannot believe my baby girl is turning two so soon) Doug and I , along with grandparents, Dora and Aunt Linda got her a swing set and slide. And the girl is in love. Need some proof??
Here is this smile...
And this one.... 
And this one. I have one happy (and sleepy) girl thanks to this slide! 

Hope everyone has a great Monday and great week!

Comments

  1. Such a nice family weekend. I'm sure she will get so much enjoyment from it and then before you know it August will be out there enjoying it too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts