Four Hands Are Better Than Two

Fact: Four hands are better than two. Over the past two days, I have learned that having an extra set of hands around makes for a MUCH happier newborn....and toddler....and Mommy. I have also learned that the best helping hands are those of a 5th grader. My 5th grader goes by the name of Hannah. And she was sooooo much help. Still young enough to play with Emery yet old enough to hold and sooth August--the perfect combination. (I might have her move in....I can pay her in cute clothes and her favorite foods....)
This was the scene Tuesday night--best buds on the couch watching Em's Monster Moobie (because what else is there to watch??)
Wednesday morning we were up, fed, dressed and out the door---before 10:30. Which is a record.
And did I mention no tears from Em or Aug (or me)?? I was so happy to have a full back seat!
We spent the morning at the park. It felt good to get outside and Emery was so happy--much better than our walk (from you know where) earlier this week. Hannah and I took turns playing with Em or holding August-we were quite the little team.
Because the park went so well, we decided to push our luck and go out for lunch. Again Hannah was a life saver. If you are a mom, than you already know that no matter what time it is, if you are getting ready to eat, your baby will magically be starving too and also need to eat right then. Food is ready? Cue August screams. I told Hannah she was in charge of helping Emery and they happily ate together.
When we got home from our adventuring, we decided it was finally time to break in our pool! According to Nana, it was freezing.
I will have to take her word for it because I was clearly very busy with this one. Such a handful;)
My little fishes slept very very sound that night.

Thursday I had even more help--Nana had the day off! We were again out the door by 10 (no way I could have done that by myself) and off to get Emery's birthday pictures taken. After that it was a lunch date with Doug (where Auggie decided he needed to eat.....told you this happens every time) and then it was time for a surprise for Miss Em.
Her first movie at the theater---a.k.a.--her first "BIG" movie. Doug and I have been debating on whether or not Emery was capable of sitting though a movie and today we decided to go for it. We saw "Inside Out" and she did so good!! I am pretty sure she never blinked and talked about her big movie all night. (August slept the whole time--success!)
I am so glad and so thankful that Emery has had a little extra attention and fun these last few days. She deserves it. I love experiencing new things with her and have been worried that she hasn't felt the love she is used to lately. Her sleepy eyes at night and her big smiles during the day let me know that she is doing just fine.

The past two days have been lots of fun and I have come to the conclusion that help is very very good. I do not know when I will be brave enough to really venture out with my two on my own.....but until then I know I have lots of people that want to help. And Hannah might be taking the lead for favorite help....watch out Grandmas!!!!

Comments

  1. So wonderful. Glad Hanna could spend the time with you all I am sure she would be a BIG help. Sure see the love with her and Em. Glad you got the extra help too. Glad you all got some outside time too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts