This and That and Life and Stuff

If you are looking for a deep, thought provoking blog post today....well Honey, this ain't it. This post is just for me to remember our last lazy days of summer. These are my pictures, my memories, my everything. This one is for me.
A couple of weeks ago, Em was just off. Lots of tantrums and tears and some major sass. I was afraid this was the new "Two." This past week she has been back to her sweet and silly self. Thank goodness!! I am so in love with this little girl--glad to have her back:)
A recap of this past week would not be complete without Miss Mascara. One evening Emery came into the front room very proud of herself--she was holding my mascara. Now I need to explain that Emery knows about (and loves) Mommy's "Sparkle Eyes." If I am getting ready, she pretends to get ready too and I act like I put my make-up on her. With that being said, she also knows that MOMMY does it....not Emery. When she came out with mascara in hand, I got Doug's attention to go have her put it back. He started cracking up instantly...what I had not noticed was the makeover Em had given herself ha! When we showed her her face in the mirror, she was not a fan...nor did she like Daddy scrubbing her face to get it off. 

The next morning I thought I would test her. I was getting ready and Em asked for some eye shadow. Sure. Then I pulled out my mascara and asked her if she wanted some. You should have seen the look on her face! It was a mix of shock and skepticism. She slowly turned to me and said, "Only Mommy do it...." I think it is safe to say she learned her lesson!
This picture might not look like much, put it perfectly captures our new morning normal. Emery and I get up and share breakfast and a little Elmo. Then we wake up August together and head outside. Em plays and August has breakfast.
It is cool and quite and perfect. Emery will come and check on her Baby Auggie and he will just hold my hand. I just realized I said this was our new normal....the new normal that will be changing very soon. But let's not talk about that right now.
We have been finishing our days the same way we start them--outside.  Doug and I have learned that a worn out Emery = a happy Emery (and a sleepy Emery). This equals both babies in bed fast asleep by 9:30.
Which equals even happier parents!
This pic is really just here for the cuteness factor ha! Okay really it is here so that I remember how much my little man seems to have changed in the past week. Besides of course growing like a weed, he is more bright-eyed and happy. And I swear he looks more like my brother Austin here.
This past Saturday we had friends over for a little swimming fun. There were two other kiddos Emery's age and twin boys who will be one soon. It was fun seeing them play together and I hope we can do it again soon--good friends are a must, and it would be so fun for our kids to grow up together as good friends too.
No swimming for this little one, but he loved sitting outside listening to the commotion.
We had a little surprise for the kids later in the evening--A Mike Pinata! 
After lots of hits, it was clear that three toddlers were not going to be able to break Mike. So we tried pulling on his strings. No luck there either. Finally a Dad had to bust him! Instead of running around, grabbing for the goodies, the kids just picked up one or two things and were so happy! It doesn't take much to please a two year old!
Yesterday the littles and I loaded up and headed to Hidalgo. The place were I grew up. We had grandparents to see!
We checked out the deer and ate a Twinkie at Grandpa's before heading to Gigi and PaPa's. As I watched Emery explore the big yard and swing on the porch swing I painted years ago, I couldn't help but tear up just a little bit. So many memories there....and to see my daughter doing the same things I must have done at her age put a smile on my face. It also reminded me of how blessed and loved I was at her age and how incredibly blessed and loved she is. Grandparents are so special...Em and Aug are so lucky to have seven people who think the world of them.
Today is Emery's Miss Nancy day....that means just me and my boy. We took a nap, picked up some online garage sale buys and went to Wal-mart...so basically living the life over here! I also treated myself to some Jimmy John's. What did I do to deserve a treat you ask....well nothing really. It just sounded really good. And healthier than the ice cream I was really wanting.  I also just packed up everything Auggie will need when he starts going to Miss Nancy's. We again will not talk about that yet...

Oh look at that....It is time to go get our girl. Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! Was so great for you, Em and Auggie to come yesterday, enjoyed it so much. Please come again soon. Planning to be in Effingham Thursday so hope to see you then. Enjoy the rest of your summer with your kiddos. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts