Em's Adventures: Holiday World

Some of my favorite summer memories were made at Holiday World. My brothers and I had so much fun going as kids and Doug and I went every summer while we were dating. So of course I look forward to experiencing the park in a new light...as a Mom. We took Em last year and it was fun... But it only made me look forward to this summer. I remember thinking "Oh Emery will be able to do that and that and that next year...." And guess what, she loved every minute of those things. 

But history repeated itself. As we were leaving, Doug looked at me and said, "Next year will be even more fun... She will be able to that and that and that...AND we will have August with us." My kiddos keep growing and life just keeps getting better. I want them to stay little but I absolutely love seeing them grow and try new things. I hope Doug and I can give August and Emery memories that will last a lifetime. 
We started out early and in jammies...first stop was Grandpa and Grandma's to drop off Auggie. The funny thing is Emery assumed that we were there to play and she really didn't want to leave Grandma Susie's... I guess we could have saved our money and just taken her to their house ha!
We eventually got dressed and started talking up this whole "Holiday World" thing. 
Without any hesitation whatsoever, the girl rode a few rides all by herself. Umm....when did my baby get this big?? She acted like she has ridden rides everyday of her life-no big deal at all. 




The real fun came at the splash pad. She RAN to the sprinklers and never looked back. I don't know if I have ever seen her have so much fun. 

Next year we will just wear our bathing suit because I already know we will spend most of our time here. I have also decided that Effingham really needs a Splash Park.... Who can I talk to to make this happen??

We spent all afternoon in the water park where my little fish had a blast. Again, no fear here either. We all swore Emery would be asleep before we left the parking lot. 
Instead she was sad about leaving....
And talked our ears off until about Olney. I guess that means she had a good time... She had a lot of reminiscing to do!
I didn't realize how much I had missed  my little man until I saw Grandpa Sammy snuggling him when we picked him up. It was my turn to cuddle! We got home and both littles went straight to bed. Sleepy kids are a sign of a great day. 

The next day we met Doug for lunch. As we got out of the car, Emery started crying. I had to laugh when she told me why. "Emmy need "Hoiday Wold""---- she thought we were going back to Holiday World ha! Sorry Em.... You will just have to wait until next year!

Comments

  1. Believe it was a big success for all. Glad Doug got to go too. Em will certainly have some memories of this day to remember. Indeed she is most blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts