A Little Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend. It was a full, friends and family type weekend with a date night thrown in too. A girl could get used to that.....
Since being back to work, I am trying to just enjoy our evenings together. The dishes and laundry can wait (well just until after the kids go to bed) but there will not always be tummy-time and toys.
I had gotten a text earlier in the week asking what Doug and I were doing Friday night. Ummm....nothing. Duh. Dora wanted to be a baby hog and insisted that Doug and I go on a date. She didn't have to ask me twice ha! Dora, Heath and Hannah held down the fort while Doug and I went to dinner and a movie. Both. With no kids. We had a great time (but I did miss my littles). I am so lucky to have this man in my life!
Saturday was a catch up on sleep day (for the kids.....not for me!). 
A full week back to Miss Nancy's wore them out. I am so happy that our new routine is going so well. I know we are going to have those crazy nights and mornings but as of now, all is calm. Babies in bed by 9 and I wake them up around 6:30. August has been getting up around 2 or 3 then going back to bed until I wake him to leave. Not too shabby.
After naps we decided to head to the farm to see cows and have supper at Grandma Susie's. Two of Emery's favorite things. How sweet is this picture? Em loves the big cows....and her Grandpa Sammie. That night Doug and I ran into town to congratulate our nephew Kyle on his engagement. Wait...did I just say nephew? Really Kyle is the same age as us and I think of him more as great friend than my nephew. (But I secretly can't wait to say I am the Aunt of the Groom at the shower and see what weird looks I get ha!) We are pumped for another family wedding and so excited for Kyle and Jill!
My Sunday had been booked a month in advance. That is how hard it is to plan for my three girls and I to get together. This picture is very different from the one I have hanging up in my house. Back when we were just four friends.

We have grown and I pray (hard) that we continue to grow. Besides growing in number, we have grown as advice givers, listeners, cheerleaders, shoulders to lean on sisters. We are no longer just four friends. I can confidently say that we have a bond that will never be broken. If only we could see each other more often.....
Monday definitely came around too quickly but again, we enjoyed it too. I have to stop living for the weekends. Who says a Monday can't be great too?? As long as I have my littles (and Douglas) I am good to go!
And if I do not start cherishing everyday, I am going to miss all of the fun and GROWING. Did you notice how big and grown up Em looked in the picture from Sunday. Gheeesh. Too big. And last night she decided no more high-chair. Look at how happy that made her. She made a huge mess....but I guess having her at the table with us was worth it...or at least I am telling myself it was.
Last night we went to the park with a friend and her boys to watch the Daddies play tennis. Not much tennis watching actually happened but the kids played and had fun. The evening was beautiful. A great way to start the week. Miss Em was wind-blown and worn out by the time we got home!
And this one. This one slept 8 straight hours last night. 8.  I will go to the park every night if that is what it takes to get that much sleep every night. I am telling myself it was a fluke.....but again, a girl could get used to that!!!!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week. I am going to!



Comments

  1. What a wonderful weekend! You are so blessed and I am glad that you know and appreciate that. Your little ones are growing so much. I had not thought about Em not wanting to eat in her high chair. So many firsts. So grateful that both kids are good sleepers. I'm sure both kids had a good time with Dora, Hannah and Heath. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts