It's a Wonderful Life

I know my title is actually a Christmas movie but it seems to totally fit my life right now. We just wrapped up a full week of school with students--which means a full week of getting up early and going to bed late--and it was wonderful. I hope I can continue to say that every week! Why was it so wonderful you ask? Here is an inside look at our week....see for yourself.

Monday: 
Monday was just Monday. No students yet so I kind of didn't count it as real back-at-it day.

Tuesday: Also known as the first day of school!
Everyone else on social media seemed to be taking first day of school picture so I thought I would too. The bigger the hair the better the day right??
Tuesday was bath night. I have a love/hate relationship with bath night. I kind of hate the time it consumes and the mess of towels and water it makes.....but I love the look on Auggie's face when I pour warm water over him. And I love it when Emery is all wrapped up in her towel and tells me she is a "ritto" (burrito). And I love watching Doug comb Em's messy wet hair into the perfect flip. And I love Aug's soft clean curls. And I love their smell. That smell is the best. Okay...so maybe I do like bath night.

Wednesday: Half way through the week already??
Wednesday we matched. On accident. And there was no way I was going to pass up taking a picture of that. 
One of the reasons this week was wonderful is this weather. Is it not perfect? I want us to soak up as much of it as we can, so outside we go.
Emery loves it outside and this one is following suit. He just listens to all of the noises and smiles at the little breezes that come through. Outside kiddos equal happy (and later on, sleepy) kiddos.

Thursday: Same story, different day.
Thursdays are almost my favorite day of the week. Behind Saturdays...and Sundays...and Fridays. Thursdays have that little its-almost-the-weekend buzz about them. We spent ours doing the same thing we had done all week--playing outside.

Friday: Comfy clothes, selfies and slides.
On Fridays after work, comfy clothes go on immediately and then the couch cuddles begin. It feels good to know that I am home and can do couch cuddles for the next two days if I want. This Friday included some mommy and mini faces. I love her faces and I also love how unimpressed August looks. He just needs to get used to us...we are going to embarrass him the rest of his life. 
But then Em left to go play and the boy thought it was his time to shine. He looks so big in these. Sigh. I just love him.
And I just loveeeee her too. You can only play on your own slide so many times in the week so we thought Friday night was the perfect park night.
She did the swings. She did the little slides. All of that was fun. But near as fun as the BIG slide.
And by big I really do mean big. Look at it. Emery climbed right on up and slid down laughing. No fear at all.
She proceeded to do this about 400 more times until we had to bribe her with the promise of a Popsicle when we got home. Needless to say she was in bed before 8:30! A big slide will do that to a girl!

Saturday: Farmer Em and Shopper Em
Doug helped farm this weekend. Because sometimes a man just needs to wear boots and drive a tractor around, ya know. We thought this would be the perfect chance for Em to "farm" for the first time. She loved it. As in didn't want to get out of the tractor kind of loved it. She waved and honked the horn and then told me all about it. I wonder what her and Grandpa Sammy talked about....
This one hung out with Grandma Susie. And he loved that too. After a delicious lunch at Grandma and Grandpa's, we rushed home for a little nap because we were going to be hitting the road again soon.
I needed to do a Champaign run because sometimes a girl just has to go to Hobby Lobby (and Target....I always need to go to Target). The four of us (Kiddos and me plus Nana) enjoyed our evening out on the town!

Sunday: Funday....more family and farming.
Our Sunday started out with no plans. I just love watching these two together. She really, really, really loves him. Doug and I talked about this this morning: We figured the newness of Auggie would have worn off by now. Like yes he is great and new and she wants to see him....but eventually we figured she would think he was boring. But instead she thinks he is the funniest, coolest little thing. She talks to him non-stop and just sits (or lays) with him and plays. He gets kisses constantly and probably more "wuv you's" than I do. It melts my heart. We can't wait to see what she thinks when he finally giggles at her or plays back. That will be such a fun day.
Because how can a day with this one not be fun?? Oh Em....only you could pull of this look!

Sunday actually ended up pretty full. In the afternoon we grocery shopped (which took about foreverrrrr...but kids were good so I will chalk that up as a win) and then we decided to head back to the farm.
And Em could not have been happier about that decision. She got to play with cousins and ended up lucking into a pizza party! After supper she played in the sand with the bigger kids and I overheard the cutest conversation. She had fallen down in the sand and didn't look too happy about it. Nora picked her up and said, "You just gotta get up and brush your jeans off and go." Ha! I am glad she is getting such good advice...it is so fun to see her grow closer to her cousins. Big families have their perks! 

We made it home in time for baths and bedtime.

I know two little ones who were worn out.

Okay....so for someone else my week might not seem fabulous, but looking back over these pictures made me smile and my first thought was how wonderful the week was. And now it is time to start that wonderful weekly routine over again.

Have a great week!

Comments

  1. Yes you do have a fabulous life. Everything I have prayed for you all your life. God is so good. Still praying same for Austin and Avery. Can't wait for them to meet the love of their life and settle down and have families to adore. Thank you Doug for being part of my dream for Ashley. You are an awesome husband and daddy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts