A Look Back

 I cannot believe that as of yesterday, summer is officially over. (Okay..so the temperature outside might not exactly scream fall, but the crisp blue skies and hint of turning leaves has me ready for scarves and boots.) As much as I love all things fall, this summer is a summer that I will remember and miss.

I will miss getting to know our new house, watching Em run through the sprinkler, Doug grilling supper for us. I will miss the birthday parties, the smile on Em’s face as we went on our adventures, the sweaty hugs and the long naps. Summers are about smiling all day and going to bed completely worn out—and we accomplished that.

I will always remember this summer as the Summer of August. Our lives changed with this handsome blue-eyed little boy. And Emery….this summer was the summer she grew up.

It was a summer of change and adjusting and learning and growing. It was the perfect combination of lazy and busy. And it went by too fast.

But as I say that, I am so looking forward to this fall. Again, it is the case of hurry up-slow down. I can’t wait for cool nights, fires, holidays and more change, adjusting, learning and growing. But before I go jumping into any leave piles or bundling up to go outside, maybe just a quick look back at Summer 2015.




































































(I just scrolled through these myself .....want to know what I noticed? The smiles. So. Many. Smiles. I am truly blessed.)

Comments

  1. Thank you for the blog. Love it. Soooo many wonderfull memories we have been blessed to share with you and your wonderful little family. looking forward to so many more. Truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts