Weekend Happenings

And just like that, the weekend is over and it is Monday again. Sometimes--okay most of the time--I can be a little sulky on Mondays because I miss my babies. The weekend is just not long enough for all the smiles and cuddles I need. As Doug and the kids walked out the door this morning, I got hugs and kisses from everyone and then Doug said something that has stuck with me all day: "Have a great week!" Simple. Not just have a good day--he wanted me to have a great week. He had no idea that I needed that but I love his positive attitude and plan to live up to that. Thank you Douglas! So on to positive Monday vibes...but first a little look back at the too-fast weekend.
Ohhhh this little boy. He gets cuter and smilier and bigger and cuddelier (not sure if half of those are real words....but who cares!) everyday. And I just fall harder and harder for him.
Friday nights are football nights for this family. Em goes just for the candy--D and Aunt Linda know how to win a girls heart--and Auggie goes for the cool breeze and Mom-cuddles. I go for about the same reasons if I am being honest.
Saturday we did some much needed house and yard work and then got all ready for a wedding reception. Emery is allllll about "getting ready" lately. The dressier the better. She saw that I was wearing jewelry so of course my mini had to accessorize too.
I knew she had a little bracelet but was happily surprised when I found her necklace too. It was actually my tiny diamond necklace from when I was her age--which makes it even sweeter in my books. She was so proud of her jewels. I kind of figured both would be broken before the end of the night--pleasantly surprised by my girl--she wore them all night and sparkled and danced the night away!
Had to throw this one on here. Baby hands are the best.
Sunday started off with a successful church service which was not how I thought things were going to go. Em walked in yelling that she needed to go to Rube's birthday party "FIRSSSSSSST". She is all about a timeline. Totally Doug and I's fault since we had talked about the birthday party all morning--reminder to us to watch what we say....two year olds do not forget. She got over the crisis by the time we sat down so all was good. Whewww. After church we headed to Grove for Rube's birthday party! Em loves loves loves her cousins and followed their every move.  She was exhausted after....and so were the rest of us. Which is why August and I took a two hour nap together on the couch. It. Was. Perfect. 

After naps we got a visit from Kyle, our nephew who is actually older than Doug, and his fiance Jill. As they walked up I noticed a big pink package in hand.....who could that be for?
It was a white board and puzzle for Miss Em to solve. She got asked to be their flower girl!! Okay so I was much more excited then Emery acted initially, but after we explained that she could be a princess like Jill, she talked about it non-stop after they left. Emery will loveeee being a flower girl-it involves princess dresses and getting her pictures taken- two things she is pretty darn good at ha! We are so excited to be a part of their big day!

It was a great weekend and it is going to be a great week. I just need to listen to my husband. Wait what?!?! I do not say that very often haha!

Happy Monday to all!

Comments

  1. What wonderful weekend memories. Thanks for the blog. Love every picture. Auggie changing so much in looks and is getting to be so much more interactive if that is the right word. How neat that Emmy gets to be a flower girl. What an honor. She will love it. She will be so proud. Wondering if you had her hair cut. Don't see any pic yet. Needing cuddles right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts