Regular Ol' Recap

It is 4:30 on Sunday afternoon. The setting sun is shinning though my front window, I can see Doug working outside, Emery and August are still in dreamland from their late naps and I just finished wiping down the weekend mess. I should be working on school stuff but I can't help but steal a second on the couch and look back through the week. Because it was a good one.
Nana came over and helped make the first big batch of baby food. I loved making Emery's food and sure enough....I still have the touch! We all had a job-Nana washed and cut, I did the cooking and blending, Emery entertained August and Auggie just had to be his cute little self. 
We cuddled and smiled and played and changed all week. Both kiddos are getting way too big. August is 5 months old tomorrow and Emery, my almost two and a half year old, feels like she is going on 5 years old. 
Friday night was a treat--we went to the movies! I was worried about Auggie Boy and he actually ended up being the best behaved! At first he couldn't take his eyes of the big screen, then he took a nap and then it was back to watching the show. Em did good too but we learned a valuable lesson: Do NOT buy popcorn and a soda with a two year old. They WILL drink their weight in Sprite and it WILL go right through them haha. Thank you Nana for taking us! 
Friday night was a full one because after the movie, Emery and Doug made Doug's Award Winning Chili. They were preparing for Chili Fest the next day. She got way into helping--it made me think about making Christmas Candy with her this year. Totally breaking out the matching aprons!!
Saturday was so nice. We got to see many friends and while we all enjoyed ourselves, I think Emery had the most fun. Times sure have changed since our college Chili Fest days....lots more littles and even more on the way! It will be fun to see them grow up together. Our night was cut short because I decided to get a migraine from you know where....ugh....but Douglas took care of me and got the kids home and in bed. I was all better Sunday morning!
Good thing too because I needed a nice Sunday with my two smiles. We went out to Grove for church and got spoiled with lunch at Grandma Susie's....one of Em's favorite things!

(Em and Aug matched in their Orange and Blue--even though their Eagles lost. Can't wait until next fall for some more tradition!)
The rest of Sunday has been spent off and on napping. Just what a Sunday is for right?? And now that I am done smiling at the week, I better accomplish something before I hear the pitter-patter of feet or a squeal from the crib. 

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

  1. Finlly have an update Have been watching all week and was disappointed each time I looked and no new pics or blogs. So was real happy to get some updates. Thanks.Looks like the kids have grown soooo much. Hope to get over to see them this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts