Goodbye 2015

What a year!?! I have to say, 2015 has been our best year yet. And with that, I know that we have so so much to be thankful for. Looking back, it was not easy to pick my top 10 moments of 2015….every little moment holds a special place in my heart. But here it is-my 2015 list.

#1 February 14th--Home Sweet Home   
What a great Valentines gift, right? The keys to our home were handed over to us on this day. And then we got busy. Sooo many people helped us out those first couple of weeks (and months). We are forever grateful and definitely owe you one--you know who you are. We still have a lot of changes and fixes to do, but we love our house so much. It makes me so happy to hear Emery tell Auggie that we are almost home if he is cryinging in the car--the fact that being home brings comfort to them is all I want.  I love that this is the house they will have their first memories in. It is full of toys and messes and laughter and love and I hope to keep it that way forever and ever. (Okay maybe less toys and messes someday…..)
 
 #2 January to June--Soaking Up Some Em Time
With a new baby on the way, I tried really hard to enjoy and take in every little piece of Emery. She was my baby and I knew that after #2’s arrival she would grow up in a blink of an eye. And guess what…..she did. I look back at pictures and can’t believe how much she has grown. I remember thinking it could not get any better or that she could not get any sweeter or sillier. I was so wrong.
 
  
#3  June 9--The Arrival of August Samuel
Hands down the best day of the year and one of the best days of my life. It was perfect. Doug and I felt surrounded by love and prayers and that first time I got to hold my sweet boy….I fell in love so hard. How can a person have that much love to share? I melted when Emery got to meet him for the first time and they have been inseparable ever since. The first few days and weeks after Auggie’s birthday are already fading into a blur--I forgot how quickly you get over the tears or sleepless nights. Emery adjusted so well and Doug and I have been blessed with two happy and healthy babies!
 

 

#4 July 16-Happy 2nd Birthday!
We do birthdays up right in this house and Em’s special day (okay, more of a week) did not disappoint. She almost teared up when Doug and I sang her “Happy Birthday” and she was a sweaty, sticky, smiley mess after her Ice Cream Birthday Party. From the look on her little face I know she felt special and loved. Looking forward to a summer of two parties this next year!
 

#5 June to August--Summer Fun
While figuring out our new life as four, we still made it a point to have some summer fun. Poor Auggie just got left behind. I would have never dreamed of leaving Emery when she was a newborn….funny how things change with the second! Don’t worry Auggie, we will take you next time! We took Emery to a Cardinals game and Holiday World-two of the best places around! We enjoyed our pool and spent most of our mornings watching Em swing on her new swing set. The 4th of July also sticks out as a highlight. Emery Kayt just loved the fireworks. 
 

 

 

 

#6 August 10-Back to Reality
Back to work. Back to bedtimes and routine. Back to Miss Nancy’s...with two this time! Doug and I quickly fell into a great routine. Yay teamwork! August and Emery of course helped out by being great kiddos. Having jobs we love, family around, a babysitter we love and each other made the transition much easier this time around. 
 

#7 September 14-- Our Tiny Tumbler
Emery started her first tumbling class in September. The girl now rocks at somersaults and bridges. Watching her makes me sooo happy and a little sad too. I love seeing her learn and listen and be proud of her little self. And on the other hand I cannot believe she is old enough to be doing this. First tumbling class….two day a week pre-school next year….then college…..
#8 September to November-Our Fall
Our fall was full of Football Fridays and all things Halloween. We proudly wore our orange and blue and cheered the Eagles on. Doug and I got to joking that these were our “date nights” because as soon as we got there, someone else was cuddling or playing with the kids! Halloween was so fun this year. We went to the pumpkin patch and carved pumpkins, but the real fun came when we got to dress up. Emery Kayt was the best Cruella Deville (she thought she looked fabulous) and Auggie boy was the cutest puppy. I love these memories…..now to plan our outfits for next year!
 

 

 

 

 

#9 June through December-Best Buds
My favorite moments all center around Em and Aug. Their love for each other is amazing to me. There really is a special little twinkle in their eyes when they look at each other. And it has been there since day one. It is a connection and a bond that cannot be taught and I get to just stand back and watch it. They are finding each other to be more fun everyday. I know that they will fight and tattle someday, but right now I am soaking up the sweetness.
  

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
#10 December-The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
Christmas was the best this year. The lights, the treats, the presents, the time spent together--Emery was pumped for every second of it. And of course it was special because it was August's first. I couldn't think of a better way to end this year. I am already looking forward to next Christmas!




So there it is. Our year. 2015 brought me more love and smiles then I ever thought possible.
Very much looking forward to 2016!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for this wonderful recap of 2015. Your memories are so wonderful and was great to share them with you as they are part of our wonderful memories too. Am so thankful for the times we have had together to be with you all and watch these memories unfolding. Willhold them in our heaerts forever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts