Monday....Already?

How can time be going by so quickly? I blink and we are back to the Monday routine. Being honest here, waking up this morning was hard to do--my bed felt so cozy and my kiddos looked too snug to wake up. But we were out the door right on time.

And now it is time for a little recap.
I have a feeling this Monday might have us feeling like this too. Last Monday was a shock to our systems. After playing all day with cousins and running around at tumbling, Emery stayed awake about two seconds when we got home. The girl. was. out. I can't say that I blame her.
We stayed busy last week doing the regular stuff that always needs done. Like making lots of yummy baby food. Auggie really only likes the orange stuff and we caught Emery licking his apple cubes. You just never know with her....
We were back to our regularly scheduled bathtime routine.
And we continued the new tradition of a rousing game of Candy Land every night. So far I think Douglas has won every game and I have come in last.
Saturday we ran up to Tuscola to do some take-backs. Made it home in time for naps and for me to run and get groceries for the week. While shopping I received this picture from Doug. A little boy and his coffee table haha. August Samuel is rarely happy just playing with toys. He has to either have all of your attention or he is into something he is not suppose to be in to. 

Saturday night was date night! Doug and I enjoyed dinner, a movie and drinks all while Nana entertained Em and Aug. We tried to remember the last time we had done something like that and we think it was back at the end of the summer. So it was time!

The other two highlights of the weekend involve a boy holding his own bottle and a jammie-clad donut run.
This may seem silly and not important at all, but Auggie held his own bottle this weekend! Exciting news, right? Really it is more of an inside joke. The boy likes to be catered to and that involves holding his arms out wide while you feed him a bottle. We didn't think the kid was ever going to attempt to hold it himself. He finally got the hang of it on Sunday and was very proud of himself. Can you see the little smirk on his face?
Doug loves a donut. Emery loves a donut. So when she came crawling into our bed early Sunday morning, Doug decided it would be the perfect opportunity to go on a jammie-and-winter-coat donut run. Emery went wild with excitement. She picked out a pink icing-sprinkled one for herself and a "yummy"  one for me. She ate the whole thing and wanted me to share mine...ya right! 

I love these little moments and highlights. It makes the fact that it is Monday again seem okay--we have so much to look forward to each busy week!

Comments

  1. For some reason my Ipad won't let me leave a comment on your blogs. Decided t go to lap top and see if it would let me. I know it seems like time just flies by. Auggie is doing so many new things. Big boy now holding hs bottle!. Looks like Em is enjoying that donut. Hope to get over before long to see everyone. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts